• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hard difficulty is crap...

U

umosay

I just played a 20 min game as nz v eng.

In that whole game, i didn't manage more than 2 phases, because it is virtually impossible to keep hold of the ball - ala rugby 2**4.

The turnover count was about 30-1 in favour of england - how can this be any fun whatsoever? it's just a drag!

They don't make it hard, they make it unfair. Nuff said :/

Did you try keeping it close to the forwards/just using the pass to the forwards?

in ru*by 2**4, people complained about the hardness of hard, and i chucked it on hard strait away, and was like f***, but i just played it on med for a while, and now on hard, and its simple now....

do you think this will be the case for 2005?

Originally posted by umosay@Mar 14 2005, 01:55 PM
I just played a 20 min game as nz v eng.

In that whole game, i didn't manage more than 2 phases, because it is virtually impossible to keep hold of the ball - ala rugby 2**4.

The turnover count was about 30-1 in favour of england - how can this be any fun whatsoever? it's just a drag!

They don't make it hard, they make it unfair. Nuff said :/
ak47-------->--------->---------goes and buys a multitap!

**** THIS ****

p.s being an aussie i still dont have the game....we have more copies of webb ellis than this game on all consoles combined!!!

i have the demo and have been thrashing it, but winning 80+ nil gets boring
this news of hard difficulty has hit me for 6.

Originally posted by JJ-@Mar 14 2005, 02:58 PM
Did you try keeping it close to the forwards/just using the pass to the forwards?
Yep, made no diff whatsoever

I really understand what u mean umosay i had same problems yesterday when i tried for the first time to play on hard after a normal level super 12 (won
<
).I lost against georgia also (i was new zealand!!!!)
well i can assure u tonite was really different i understood i gotta pay attention to everything during the whole game time.i don't have to try to gain 50 metres losing the ball then.U just gotta try to play tactically,using the kick more often,playing near the forwards and never try to isolate ur wing....believe me when u win the first game against I.A. on hard mode u say .....Oh my god this is rugby.

I tried it today in the career mode...it was painful lol..lost 3 matches in a row..i think i scored like 3 points max.

HOW IRNOIC!!

I couldn't be more stoked that it is this hard....

It's gonna need to be...........

Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

<
<
<

Originally posted by umosay@Mar 14 2005, 06:43 PM
You played it yet los?

Like to see you say that after you have played it...
Um....no. But I've seen the same thing said about a lot of games..

League on "league god" etc etc...Even Rugby 2004 on hard....

Do you really want to win it straight up?
Think of it as test match level - need to be on top of your game to win. Every little trick up the sleeve etc...bringing everything together in one game, all your skills, to just prevail! lol!

I WANT to lose the first few times I play hard level - I will be disappointed if I do not. Honestly.
Whether I do or not I will find out in a few days.

I cannot wait!

I like to think of hard level as the level that finds you out..i.e. if you are not proficient in every area (after a few weeks of playing i would say) - you get found out.

You're on PC too - can you dummy? Cos you need all of the arsenal at your disposal to beat most hard AIs yeah?

I understand the frustration of the level being too hard at first - hell yeah I do! But in a sick massochistic way, I like them to give me a beating now and then. How else can I fuel the fire to lay the smack down on them next time!!
<

I dont know why u ppl ***** and moan , I started on hard mode and i won the super 12 straight away , I think maybe its not the game but ur abillity to play , The AI doesn't win every ruck , maybe u should start considering that momentum and the players in ur team makes a huge difference . Sure the win a ruck now and them but its not R2&&4 let me tell you.

I played a tri-natons after that 2 and i won it but i must say that i did loose to New Zealand and i was playing S A

Hard Mode is hard on World League with all those crappy players you start with!!
but losing to georgia with NZ you really suck mate

You don't turn over the ball as much if you're playing against a considerably worse team. It's still **** though.

well it sounds like Hard is Hard which is good because R2004 it wasnt, probably practice and time and it will become easier?
just my 2 cents

Originally posted by Los Lover+Mar 14 2005, 07:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Mar 14 2005, 07:24 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Mar 14 2005, 06:43 PM
You played it yet los?

[/b]
Not exactly, but i would like some of the ball...
<

Originally posted by umosay+Mar 14 2005, 07:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Mar 14 2005, 07:53 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Mar 14 2005, 07:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Mar 14 2005, 06:43 PM
You played it yet los?

Not exactly, but i would like some of the ball...
<
[/b]
Haha!!

yeah fair enough - remember you played the best team on hard...like, you had it coming!! (lol! jokes)

man! I'd love to be losing - it would mean I had the thing!
<

I cant believe someone lost to georgia with the all blacks!! they should have their copy of this game revoked!! Anyway I say bring on hard mode, I dont care how tough, I dont want to be winning every game 5 ties to nil on hard mode like 2004. If this game is going to keep us going until 2006 we need a challenge.

i Cant Believe you lost to Georgia with NZ its you NOT THE GAME YOU!!!im playing hard mode with Nz against Georgia 5 minutes halves and first half didnt end yet and its 17-3 i missed to corner conversions yea i know blah blah but it haint the game its you mate

Latest posts