• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Harlequins v Paris

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Harlequins.png
Paris.png

Harlequins v Paris</div>

One of the surprise results from last weekend, not merely for the final result but the manner of the defeat, never have I seen a team that is normally so solid simply implode under the pressure of the occasion and Quins did well to take advantage cause it was far from a vintage performance from them either.

Getting back to this week, it wouldn't be too surprising to see Paris go to London and get the victory, but the question is can they handle the pressure, lose and they're all but out of the Heineken Cup, win and everything is back up in the air.

Regardless of the injuries for Paris it seems to be a case of dissappointing on the big occasion this season and that's certainly something they can't afford to happen this weekend

You can't see another surprise defeat going the way of Paris this week, you just can't

It wouldn't be that much of a surprise, they have lost away to Bristol before.

Yeah, but it feels like when Ospreys turned them over a couple of seasons ago. They came back the following week and put 20+ points on us.
Paris won't let these matches tally up 2 for 2 in losses for them.
They'll essentially be out of the competition if they lose this one.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 11 2008, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, but it feels like when Ospreys turned them over a couple of seasons ago. They came back the following week and put 20+ points on us.
They'll essentially be out of the competition if they lose this one.[/b]

again though, that was a home win and you got taught a lesson in Paris, bit of a difference this time round, no doubting they're more than capable of winning but there's previous form is all I'm saying.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 11 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Didn't you draw against them? ;)
Agreed though. Paris should be able to win if Hernandez is on song for them...
Or at least not suicidal as he was last week...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 11 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 11 2008, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

again though, that was a home win and you got taught a lesson in Paris, bit of a difference this time round, no doubting they're more than capable of winning but there's previous form is all I'm saying.
[/b][/quote]

Aye, good point.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 11 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Didn't you draw against them? ;)[/b]

The draw was last season i think.
The win was a couple of seasons ago. We've not got too bad a record against them, considering we're huge European flops.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 11 2008, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 11 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The win was a couple of seasons ago. We've not got too bad a record against them, considering we're huge European flops.
[/b][/quote]
Nah, the draw was two years ago...
Haven't been a rugby fan long enough to remember your win over them, I guess.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 11 2008, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 11 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 11 2008, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Aye, good point.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 11 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

must...resist...urge...to...mention...Sara....cens...nah too difficult!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 11 2008, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
must...resist...urge...to...mention...Sara....cens...nah too difficult![/b]

Hey, only mock us when you're shoulder to shoulder with your Thomand Park rivals in this competition, ok?! ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 11 2008, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nah, the draw was two years ago...
Haven't been a rugby fan long enough to remember your win over them, I guess.[/b]

We won something like 13-8...and it was certainly no more than 3 years ago.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Dec 11 2008, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 11 2008, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
must...resist...urge...to...mention...Sara....cens...nah too difficult![/b]

Hey, only mock us when you're shoulder to shoulder with your Thomand Park rivals in this competition, ok?! ;)
[/b][/quote]

well the Ospreys aren't even at Leinster's level in terms of this competition so I believe I'm well placed to take the ****.

got tickets. should be a cracker. come on quins (not often you'll hear me say that.)

The draw was during the 06/07 season, with a last minute 50meter penalty kick by Beauxis, the score was something like 16-16.

Paris could win the game if they keep their head cool this time, but I don't see them won without leaving a bonus point to the Quins in every way, so our only hope maybe a runner up place. Imagine a quarter final against Toulouse...
And I hope the injuries will not ruin the game. At the moment Taylor, Liebenberg, Bastareaud and Leguizamon are uncertain. Saubade and Arias already forfeit. That's harsh.

And Hernandez will play at fullback this time. Liebenberg and Boussès are expected to play at 10.

Ok. Today, 'Quins can prove that they aren't one-hit wonders.
And Hernandez can show us doubters up by playing like a Carter reincarnate.

Myself, I'm ****** off by all the praise 'Quins have got for Stade gifting them the game.
I'd love to see the look on the studio analytics' faces if Paris win.
GO STADE!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Dec 13 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ok. Today, 'Quins can prove that they aren't one-hit wonders.
And Hernandez can show us doubters up by playing like a Carter reincarnate.

Myself, I'm ****** off by all the praise 'Quins have got for Stade gifting them the game.
I'd love to see the look on the studio analytics' faces if Paris win.
GO STADE![/b]

Not sure if Paris will win this one, I'm not that happy to see Liebenberg at fly half and Hernandez back at full back, I know he had an absolute mare last week but throw him back in there and back his talent and skill to make amends this week.

Be sure that Hernandez and Liebenberg will switch during the game and the opportunities. They do that for years now at Stade Français, with Skrela, Beauxis...
And Liebenberg has been very good last week at 10 (that little pass to Leguizamon was a beauty) and against Biarritz too a few weeks ago, meanwhile Hernandez is very uninspired since the Autumn Internationals. And when he runs out of imagination he's pretty ordinary at fly half, that's always the case with these type of players...

To me it's the better solution considering there is no valid fullback on the team. (Camara is more of a winger, we saw that at Stade de France)

Latest posts