Harlequins v Toulouse

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Harlequins.png
V
Toulouse.png
</div>

Quins should welcome back Care, Monye and Easter for the visit of the 3 times champions in what has the potential to be a cracking match.

They may have been inconsistent but there were signs of improvement again last weekend at Cardiff and maybe with the added experience of those returning players they may well prove to be a bit more clinical this weekend.

Toulouse may not have been tested against a weakened Sale side but they certainly were clinical in their finishing and put Sale to the sword especially in the first half. They probably won't have it all their own way as they did on Sunday but they should have enough to get the win.

Must win for Quins!!

I think it's going to be tight but I reckon with the home support we can pull off what would be a shock victory!

I sense an upset from this game, remember Quins recent record against French sides, beating Stade twice (I think).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Oct 15 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I sense an upset from this game, remember Quins recent record against French sides, beating Stade twice (I think).[/b]

bit like comparing apples and oranges in fairness, Quins may have improved but they're still not even close to the levels they reached last season and a Paris team under McEwen compared to a Noves Toulouse side is also a completely different beast as well.

In fairness, Toulouse usually let a game go somewhere. Plus, they may be a little complacent after the weekend against an embarassing sale side. I feel this an a potential upset this weekend, but then my predictions have been rubbish so far!

I just dont see any upsets involving Stade or Toulouse. I think they really mean business this year.

Last year's quins would have won this one. They missed Skinner when he went off, and they lacked clear decision making and when it mattered. Toulouse were there to be beaten.

It seems I've heard some Guy Novès' shouts from my sofa at half time...!

Couldn't see a lot from this match, as I was watching via the mosaïc channel (I don't have sport+ but only C+). Internet flow to slow for streaming.

Toulouse are set up perfectly now and maybe Cardiff for Challenge cup spot or best runner-up ???

Toulouse very professional, but Michalak could have cost them. Why take off Elissalde?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Oct 18 2009, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Toulouse very professional, but Michalak could have cost them. Why take off Elissalde?[/b]

+1.

I think Noves wanted the team to really take on the quins, with Picamoles going forward and Michalak keeping them guessing. And he also has to take care of Elissalde who is nor young neither very solid.

Michalak could have cost them, true but then he also had a 55m drop goal ending on the crossbar as well.

Good win for Toulouse. How they can win after a first half performance as abysmal as that is beyond me. Total class, though. Harlequins aren't very good this year. Toulouse will walk this pool and I'd put them down as early favourites for the ***le.

Looks like the Osprey Fever is spreading. Seems to be contagious. Perhaps Monye brought it back after being in contact with so many Ospreys during the Lions tour?

Seriously, how did they fail to close it out?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Oct 18 2009, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Good win for Toulouse. How they can win after a first half performance as abysmal as that is beyond me. Total class, though. Harlequins aren't very good this year. Toulouse will walk this pool and I'd put them down as early favourites for the ***le.[/b]

I don't think they are favourite, they have difficulties showing 80 minutes of top level Rugby. Although on paper they have depth I think by end of the season due to injury they will miss too many players. The H-cup play-off are interleaved with Top14 play-off, this will be very tough for the French teams, especially Toulouse with all their international players who won't have had a break during the 6N.

Sorry for digging for this topic, but I'm looking for the quins squad which played against Toulouse in 2009 at the Stoop. Anyone remember what was the back line ? (i'm looking for a young -and thin- player who played 11-14-15, can't remember. I know that one winger was Monye).

I couldn't finid anything on google :/

Harlequins: Brown; Strettle, Tiesi, Masson, Monye; N Evans, Care; Jones, Fuga, Lambert, Stevenson, J Evans, Robshaw, Skinner, Easter.
Replacements: Clegg for Brown (77), Lowe for Monye (77), Brooker for Fuga (79), Andress for Lambert (65), Guest for Skinner (10).
Not Used: Croall, O'Connor, So'oialo.

Toulouse: Medard, Clerc, David, Jauzion, Donguy, Elissalde, Kelleher, Poux, Servat, Lecouls, Millo-Chluski, Albacete, Nyanga, Dustautoir, Sowerby.
Replacements: Fritz for David (55), Michalak for Elissalde (62), Human for Poux (3), Johnston for Lecouls (55), Lamboley for Millo-Chluski (68), Bouilhou for Nyanga (12), Picamoles for Sowerby (55).
Not Used: Basualdo.

OR

http://www.espnscrum.com/europeancup/rugby/match/100496.html

Last edited:
Sorry for digging for this topic, but I'm looking for the quins squad which played against Toulouse in 2009 at the Stoop. Anyone remember what was the back line ? (i'm looking for a young -and thin- player who played 11-14-15, can't remember. I know that one winger was Monye).

I couldn't finid anything on google :/

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchcentre/1920.php

that link is where you should find your answer

Latest posts