• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Haskell to rejoin Wasps

is he giving up his england career after the world cup,surely he wont get called up playing in japan will he?

That's he's only going for one year and going after the world cup - Gives him a year away to do whatever, before coming back and giving him three years to try and get back into the England squad

That's he's only going for one year and going after the world cup - Gives him a year away to do whatever, before coming back and giving him three years to try and get back into the England squad

he's going after the world cup not after next years 6 nations.
so the answer to the question is yes he is giving up his england career,thought japan was where players went in the twilight of there careers not there prime.
silly move imo,i take it no decent offers came his way after he was released!

Well yeah, he's going to miss a year of international rugby (which I alluded too) before coming back to try and break back into the England set up in time for the next WC
He's not retiring from international rugby forever, just taking himself away for a season

well he thinks he's a better rugby player than i do if he thinks he can take a year out and stroll back in.
my bet make the most of wearing that england shirt during the world cup mr haskell!

Who's to say he thinks he'll stroll back in? Maybe he just wants to try out rugby in different leagues before returning to Wasps (he, apparently, has had offers from Super XV clubs while at Stade, so why not take them, with a bit of rugby in Japan to fill the gap between the WC and the Super XV season starting)
Think you're reading into it a bit!

Haskell will get more England caps after the World Cup barring injury. Fact.

Latest posts