• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hatton v Mayweather

B

Bullitt

<div align="center">
000802ab4a63085c47ca0e.jpg

</div>
Originally posted by Hatton
I'll be on him like a rash and I won't die off. I honestly believe I'll be his worst nightmare. I really do. I realize that he could be my worst nightmare, but I look at the guys he's beaten recently and I'm not exactly filled with trepidation. I'm not taking anything away from his style, ability, or his record, but the truth is that a guy like DeMarcus Corley, everyone at the top level has beaten him. Zab Judah was knocked out in two rounds by Kostya Tszyu and he'd also been beaten by Carlos Baldomir, who had lost nine times before Floyd won the welterweight ***le from him. I've taken stick for some of the guys I've fought, but where are the guys in the light welterweight or welterweight divisions Floyd has fought who are any better? I don't really see it myself.

<div align="center">
HattonMay2.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6XVTiE89Dg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C6XVTiE89Dg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

So the mind games have begun (I couldn't find anything of Mayweathers taunts on youtube, if anyone else can find them, please post them up), so the big fight is on the way. All discussion here.
</div>

There was a previous thread made by me but yea, the Hitman will own Mayweather

I hate mayweather

Not sure if you brits new it or not but mayweather is on the american dancing with the stars, he claims he can multi task training for ricky and dancing

we shall see..

shame i couldnt get tickets they cost just a little bit too much at 800 a pop.

maywether is going to win by decision, hes to fast to anybody, and hatton is a froud, he just push and hitt all the time

[/b]

$800? :blink: . There's going to be a lot of Brits out there for this one.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

$800? :blink: . There's going to be a lot of Brits out there for this one. [/b][/quote]

Yep deffinately, which is good, hopefully theyll drown out the horrid gangster atmosphere that mayweather brings..

Yep it was 800 for the top section if i remember right, it might have been even more i cant remember for sure now.

I'm not a fan of Floyd per se, but he's ruthlessly efficient and the best pound-for-pound fighter in this world. If Hatton beats him, he will hold that ***le.

hopefully mayweather waisted allot of potential training time on the nonsense he was doing on tv and wont be as conditioned as hes used to, cuz he isnt gonna KO hatton and hatton will be energetic straight to the end

There's no way that Hatton could lose this one.

You just have to watch the two of them, Mayweathers doesn't have any chance to win.

soooo where one week away from the fight everyones talking about... who do you guys think will win??

my moneys on mayweather... i think he is just that little bit more ring savvy than hatton... i think itll go the distance though, with mayweather winning by 2-4 pts on each of the judges scorecards.

ahhh thanks for sorting the thread out for me didnt notice the discussions in full flight

right then

hatton will not beat floyd mayweather.... that being said its not going to be a one sided affair by any measure

itll be darn close

but floyd will just have tht extra gear and his speed will see him through.

ahhh thanks for sorting the thread out for me didnt notice the discussions in full flight

right then

hatton will not beat floyd mayweather.... that being said its not going to be a one sided affair by any measure

itll be darn close

but floyd will just have tht extra gear and his speed will see him through. [/b]

Ricky Hatton is one of the best body punchers in boxing.. if not the best. Floyds speed will be useless when he keeps getting tagged in the gut by Hatton. Plus Ricky enjoys fighing inside, "Pretty Boy" enjoys dancing around his opponents becase he's a flaming ******.

I've been watchin the Hatton Mayweather 24/7 on HBO, great documentary, and it shows you a stark contrast between how Ricky is down to earth and humble (he trains and allows his fans to watch him at the Phoenix Camp, he hangs out with fans at his pub, and doesn't think he is too good for anyone etc.) while you look at Mayweather and he's a really rich douchebag (he talks about how much money he has all the time, how great he is, and acts like he is better than everyone else etc.) Mayweathers point of view is sickening actually to see how self absorbed the guy actually is.

i really think we should forget about how great mayweather thinks he is... lets just judge the guys on his merits, nd that is he is one hell of a boxer, who has more than backed up his HUGE mouth... now hatton does have a good body punch i agree with that, but the problem is that hattons gunna have to connect with it... i really think that floyds speed will see him through and has the fight goes on i expect ricky to take some BIG risks which will leave him exposed for floyd to land some combos.

Well, that was a let down (from a Hatton perspective). But credit where it's due, Mayweather rode out the early aggression from Hatton (including the near knockdown in the first 30 seconds) and took advantage well once he was gassed. I have more then a suspision the ring post may have done the most damage to Hatton however for the first knockdown, serves him right for throwing a sloppy punch.

It's a pitty the roundball fans had to be knobs during the American anthem though, it made us all look bad.

Trolling some Boxing forums, amusingly, a lot of the American fans now want PBF to go up to 167 and fight Joe Calzaghe! :lol:

I didn't get to see the fight because I'm not going to pay the absurd PPV fee for a few hours of entertainment, but looking at the fight stats and highlights it seemed a bit one sided. So much for the Great White Hope.

Well, that was a let down (from a Hatton perspective). But credit where it's due, Mayweather rode out the early aggression from Hatton (including the near knockdown in the first 30 seconds) and took advantage well once he was gassed. I have more then a suspision the ring post may have done the most damage to Hatton however for the first knockdown, serves him right for throwing a sloppy punch.[/b]

I'm sure you've heard of Bert Randolph Sugar, no? Old guy, smokes a cigar wears a fidora and has been around boxing for 50 someodd years? The guy is hilarious, anyway he was on a national radio/TV program here in Canada and predicted it would happen exactly that way. Hatton would come out flying and then Meaweather would be in control by round five and I'm almost positive he said a knockout in the 10th.

I thought it was a good fight, but in honesty i really think that the ref screwed Hatton. First of all, that 1 point deduction was bullshit, mayweather turned his back. That right there took the whole momentum that Ricky had generated right out of the fight. Also the ref kept stepping in and breaking them up, which i give credit to the Mayweather camp for crying about before the match. Ricky was not able to fight his fight because of the ref. I also felt that Mayweather kept ducking and he was throwing forearms in close. But i have to give gredit to Mayweather for his connections and his punches.

The only thing i didn't like on the night was the jeering of the national anthem... but besides that the fans were fantastic.

So I guess boxing can go back to being irrelevant for another six months to a year.

Latest posts