• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB STUDIOS Q&A vol. 3

A new zealand studio who make the rugby league games are making a new union game, they have full support from the new Zealand union, they claim they will have the must comprehensive liciencing in a rugby game todate and they have confirmed jonah lomu is working with them for animation, interestingly this could be a good thing, nothing like a bit of competition to push the boat out

A new zealand studio who make the rugby league games are making a new union game, they have full support from the new Zealand union, they claim they will have the must comprehensive liciencing in a rugby game todate and they have confirmed jonah lomu is working with them for animation, interestingly this could be a good thing, nothing like a bit of competition to push the boat out

http://www.therugbyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?20173-Sidhe-s-Rugby-Challenge

What is to talk about this game anymore? We haven't had any updates since November...

what does it matter? the game will be released when its released .. no amount of moaning or complaining will speed up that process

true true but i wud like to see a new update...and rugby challenge is gonna suck...look at its previous releases

The way I see it, gaming rugby needs all the support it can get and as such I will wait and get both. At the end of the day, one might be better than the other but as long as both companies are given a chance, we are more likely to see further games made.

Judging by the reviews of their Rugby League game, I think I'll pass anyway

Well this aint a rugby league game this is rugby,i hope their gameplay is much more fluent in their rugby ***le.Licences and plenty of custom options are great but the #1 for many fans is superior gameplay to rival H.B.

Just because rugby league is different than rugby union it doesnt make it not rugby

I was referring to just because they(Sidhe) made a good rugby league game don't mean nothing when making a rugby game,the same would apply to H.B if they made a league game.

I was referring to just because they(Sidhe) made a good rugby league game don't mean nothing when making a rugby game,the same would apply to H.B if they made a league game.
Sorry i misunderstood :S

I will definately buy Rugby 2012 no matter what. Ive enjoyed their ***les alot in the past. Rugby challenge I will try to avoid an impulse buy and just give it a rent. Based on their
league games (I have owned them all) my expectations are very low. Its a shame they appear to have been given the exclusive licenses. Having said that I hope I will be
surprised but given that they probably got this job based on the merit of their league ***les I wont hold my breath.

i'm getting the impression that there is cause for concern, no media whatsoever just around 5 months prior to release, just some very brief and ambiguous dev. diaries...

Come on guys seriously, you were speculating giving us something before the end of december. Give us members of TRF something to go by.

i'm getting the impression that there is cause for concern, no media whatsoever just around 5 months prior to release, just some very brief and ambiguous dev. diaries...

Come on guys seriously, you were speculating giving us something before the end of december. Give us members of TRF something to go by.

How can we give you anything when HB have not given us anything, let me get this straight to you and anyone else wanting information on the game. We don't have anything as of yet, when we do we give it straight out, we don't hold anything back. If you think we do then more fool yourselves. Information is often posted before most of the staff sees it ... FACT!

And what a member you've been! Five posts in eight months have really made you an integral part of the community.

I hope rugby 2012 has the full world cup experience as did rugby 08. If they don't that will be a huge let down for the game.

There is a good possibilty that Rugby 2012 will NOT be the complete world cup experience with teams like the All Blacks
and Wallabies missing due to exclusive licenses. This is in no way HBs fault and so I wont hold it against them, but it is still
disappointing.

I think its important to prepare for these teams to not be there and avoid a major let down when the official info is released.

Latest posts