• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB STUDIOS Q&A vol. 3

Rugby League 2 was soul destroyingly bad. RLL is the best rugby game out there by a mile.

I stand by my original statement but I did love Rugby 2006.

I spent a stupid ammount of money on 2006 last year just so I could play a rugby game on the 360 ... worth it though!

Haha, it's crazy how expensive Rugby 06 for xbox is (thats if you can find a copy) I saw a pre owned copy in a store over here (NZ) and it was $40!!! thats pretty crazy considering it's last gen. and it's over five years old!
It's for this reason that i'm pretty excited about Rugby 2012... It may not have tons of features, licenses or a big budget but these guys are definitely experienced in making sporting ***les and have worked alongside EA Canada - the best sports games makers ever (except when it comes to basketball) so this game should have some pretty sweet gameplay!

I read on this that people dont care if the game doesnt have the licensing, but i think the game wouldnt be that good without the licensing.

amen sebe there is way too much abuse on this forum and not enough talk on the game

I can't beat the computer on 06 now its on 360.. it's like it's evolved into a super rugby playing mastermind now. Either that or i'm just really bad now..... probably the latter.

My 06 stopped working. Gutted! keeps coming up with need to download again. I have 08 on my laptop but no controller for it so quite tricky using a keyboard.

Any new news? You should do a whole website for it and it should be put with the latest news and what they have done. Opinions?

Any new news? You should do a whole website for it and it should be put with the latest news and what they have done. Opinions?

How about No, we are the website, news comes here first. Its not like we are holding the information back. Dunno how many times people have to be told this.

Last edited:

Haha, this is that site :D All the updates go up here first... there just hasn't been any for a while

ok so basically it will be exactly the same as the other ***les with no real improvements just an improvement in graphics .... how dissapointing

ok so basically it will be exactly the same as the other ***les with no real improvements just an improvement in graphics .... how dissapointing

Wouldn't call it disappointing, there's been nothing for so long that if we can get summat resembling rugby 2006/08 on next gen then it's a great platform to build on over the next couple of years! Wouldn't mind not having to dig my PS2 out every time I fancy a game as well :p

Ya i know we are all getting impatient but i have a feeling news will be released in the next few weeks...and if not when they do ie. with a screenshot or sumthing like that we will be VERY happy

yeah, the fact that theres no manager mod saddens me... If its made tho, I'll still go out and buy it, along with a PS3 hah

any news on screenshots??

At the moment there is no rugby game I can play on PS3 so as far as I am concerned, the old game with updated graphics, licences and stats would be a great start. If we all support it and they go on to make more, then more money will be put into it and the game will improve, we may well see manager and 7s modes etc. but for now we are all following this site and these threads as we loved the old games and have nothing to play any more! So slow progress is better than none at all for me.

Latest posts