• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

heads up for head-gear

Originally posted by Ireland's Call@Mar 16 2005, 11:58 PM
I'm a scrum-half so I'm not too bad on the injuries front.

I wear a gumshield and shinpads.They are bad enough at distracting me but when I wore head-gear and couldn't concentrate at all,they were thrown out.
Why couldn't you concentrate? I play exactly the same now as I did when I first had to start wearing one.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Mar 18 2005, 02:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Mar 18 2005, 02:58 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ireland's Call
@Mar 16 2005, 11:58 PM
I'm a scrum-half so I'm not too bad on the injuries front.

I wear a gumshield and shinpads.They are bad enough at distracting me but when I wore head-gear and couldn't concentrate at all,they were thrown out.
Why couldn't you concentrate? I play exactly the same now as I did when I first had to start wearing one. [/b]
They were uncomfortable and just really annoying. Maybe I just bought a bad one but it's put me off them now.

I have the blue addidas one (the one ally hogg uses). I tend to get thrown around a bit and never play the same position twice in a row becuase i'm the only player that i've heard off at my level who can play every forwards position and have enough pace to stand in the back line, but I either am hooker or blindside flanker. Headguards overheat you and they're not all that comfy, plus they dont stop concussion just minor scratches and bruises. So to avoid ear's being mashed, wear a headband (old school) with elastoplast tape and bandages. i've taken to using it in recent weeks and find it great for protecting my ears and I also look like a classic forward.

im playing rugby for school this year, my first year after 2 yrs of soccer, and im a lock. i would wear head gear (season hasnt started yet btw) i would wear it because the image of putting my head between two fat sweaty asses doesnt seem to fun, but on the other hand, i dont want to because people will think im a ex-soccer ****. what do the rest think, worth the risk?

Originally posted by sambad5@Mar 29 2005, 10:44 PM
im playing rugby for school this year, my first year after 2 yrs of soccer, and im a lock. i would wear head gear (season hasnt started yet btw) i would wear it because the image of putting my head between two fat sweaty asses doesnt seem to fun, but on the other hand, i dont want to because people will think im a ex-soccer ****. what do the rest think, worth the risk?
I don't think it's a risk at all.

There's only a couple of forwards on my team who DON'T wear SC so unless your's very different I don't see a problem.

Latest posts