• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

heads up for head-gear

S

sambãd5

slightly off topic, but i was watching boots n all a while ago (leauge show) and aparrantly once the coach thoght that the team would play better if they all wore head gear! they only did it once thogh. anyone herd any stories like this in union?

No. Head gear is always a personal choice. I wear a scrum cap despite being a back, but only because if I don't my ear could get ripped off, as it got partially done before.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Feb 21 2005, 05:38 AM
No. Head gear is always a personal choice. I wear a scrum cap despite being a back, but only because if I don't my ear could get ripped off, as it got partially done before.
Exact reason why I wear headgear. I play scumhalf though I have never had my ear torn. It just feels like it is when I play without head gear

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Feb 20 2005, 09:49 PM
Lovely [sarcasm]

How did that happen?
Went into a tackle and got my ear caught on this player's shorts, and the top of my ear just sort of came away. Wasn't pretty.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 21 2005, 08:18 PM
At risk of sounding dumb... Why was your head in the other players shorts?
I didn't say in, I said the top got caught on his shorts when I tackled him.

Caught? like how? in his pocket or something? You make it sound like he's got like a razor or something on his shorts.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Feb 22 2005, 03:22 AM
Caught? like how? in his pocket or something? You make it sound like he's got like a razor or something on his shorts.
I don't know, in a fold of material or something. Just hit his leg and there was bllod. That's all I remember.

ooh, nasty one that. i'm a second row, and having a couple of fat ******** grind your head between their arses does your ears no favours either. i started wearing one after developing a couple of little lumps in my ear, and really didn't fancy ending up looking like graham rowntree.

Originally posted by robbinho@Feb 22 2005, 11:01 PM
ooh, nasty one that. i'm a second row, and having a couple of fat ******** grind your head between their arses does your ears no favours either. i started wearing one after developing a couple of little lumps in my ear, and really didn't fancy ending up looking like graham rowntree.
Lol, no. It was quite funny, I was watching the England game against Wales, and my 8 year old brother walked in when they were showing a close-up of Graham Rowntree. The first thing he said? "That man's really ugly!"
<

you can get cauliflower ears fixed when your career is over. Don't they use a big syringe to draw all the lumpy stuff out??

I wear one cos I've been concussed a few times but also because of when I hit into the scrum (being a hooker) the engage can wreck if you connect with a shoulder.

I wear one because otherwise my ears have a habit of bleeding when I pull out of a scrum

i just wear one coz of all the knocks u get to the head.. it helps to cushion the bumps and all that, plus yea the ear thing...

I'm thinkin' about gettin one, but only cos it's cold as in wales and i have above average sized ears.

i wear one cos it just feels safer and comfy

i aslo wear shoulder pads but not the **** ones they use in league....i use the rugby union shoulder pads its like a shirt very safe and comfy and it doesnt make you look like a nfl player like thos league shoulder pads

btw i play rugby league....rofl

just for anyone whos counting, josh kronfeild got some slack over wearing headgear, because all the kids thought that it would not hurt in tackles (like a nlf helmet would) and since he wore one, and was always in big hits, they thought he was a bad influence

Originally posted by robbinho@Feb 23 2005, 10:01 AM
or martin johnson, i mean his face is f!@#ed up but his ears juss takes the cake

I'm a scrum-half so I'm not too bad on the injuries front.

I wear a gumshield and shinpads.They are bad enough at distracting me but when I wore head-gear and couldn't concentrate at all,they were thrown out.

Latest posts