• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HEC P2: Ospreys v Toulouse

Yelllow card for catching the guy on the shoulder? Incidentally, there was no card for that Osprey jerk who came out from the dug out to stop the quick throw in whereas, for exactly the same offence, it was red at Bath last month!!

Good deserved try but yellow contributory?

There was no complaints from the player it was issued to.

Great try saving tackle from the Toulouse 12!

Interesting non try.....firstly it was obvious that the scorer was trying to con the ref as he must have known he was no where hear scoring. Secondly, it was clearly kicked out of his hands by Fickou over the line so how could it be a knock n with scum rather than 22?

Interesting non try.....firstly it was obvious that the scorer was trying to con the ref as he must have known he was no where hear scoring. Secondly, it was clearly kicked out of his hands by Fickou over the line so how could it be a knock n with scum rather than 22?

Sorry Tony but Beck never conned the referee, he didn't appeal all he did was raise his hands to his head because he knew he messed up. So I don't understand where you got that from.

Oh and it's a knock on because he was reaching over the line to score.

Sorry Tony but Beck never conned the referee, he didn't appeal all he did was raise his hands to his head because he knew he messed up. So I don't understand where you got that from.

Oh and it's a knock on because he was reaching over the line to score.

He accepted the congratulations of the team with huge smile without gainsaying it and they were lined up for the kick at goal....think he did try to con them......Also as he reached over, he had full control of the ball up and until the ball and probably his hand, was kicked. Mind you I have the same problem when the ball is clearly ripped out of a tackle by the tackler and a knock on is given!

It's not really conning as Clancy was always going to look for the TMO as he was blinded when the ball could have been grounded. The fact the forwards hung around the position aswell isn't good conning

He accepted the congratulations of the team with huge smile without gainsaying it and they were lined up for the kick at goal....think he did try to con them......Also as he reached over, he had full control of the ball up and until the ball and probably his hand, was kicked. Mind you I have the same problem when the ball is clearly ripped out of a tackle by the tackler and a knock on is given!

Still a knock on regardless.

Tony you are looking for something that has not happened. Beck didn't do anything wrong.

And that sums it all up. I've never seen a 4 on 2 messed up as bad as that last Toulouse attack was. Hilariously bad.

Still a knock on regardless.

Tony you are looking for something that has not happened. Beck didn't do anything wrong.

Not saying he did other than play to the whistle..........but it is bit likethe guys who stay on the ground to get the other guy a yellow card!!

What total f... up by ST there!!! Well done Ospreys you took it and you deserve it!

Not saying he did other than play to the whistle..........but it is bit likethe guys who stay on the ground to get the other guy a yellow card!!

What total f... up by ST there!!! Well done Ospreys you took it and you deserve it!

Tony we are going to disagree on this matter. But in essence you are calling Beck a cheat then if he attempted to 'con' the ref. Be honest Beck didn't do what you are accusing him of and really looking for some form of drawing away the attention from such a poor Toulouse performance.

They were awful, dont think I've seen them play so badly. Just looked lethargic, sloppy and then their heads went down once Walker scored.

Tony we are going to disagree on this matter. But in essence you are calling Beck a cheat then if he attempted to 'con' the ref. Be honest Beck didn't do what you are accusing him of and really looking for some form of drawing away the attention from such a poor Toulouse performance.

I am not a Toulouse supporter so was not looking at the match with Rouge et Noir glasses!!

Beck played to the whistle in the hope, vain but might not have been, that it would not go to the TMO just like many, many other professional players do and would do in similar circumstances and would be shot by their coach if they did not.

I accept it is a fact of life as livelihoods depend upon it but it does not mean that I have to like it any more than any other types of "conning" or trying to get an other player sent off or shouting for a card or other ways at putting pressure on referees to gain an advantage!

As regards the knock on, it was not a criticism levelled at Beck but a general criticism of the fact that a kncok on was given even though he did not lose control of the ball, it was taken away from him by the actions of another player!

Beck played to the whistle in the hope, vain but might not have been, that it would not go to the TMO just like many, many other professional players do and would do in similar circumstances and would be shot by their coach if they did not.

Beck did not play to the whistle, his reaction was to put his hands to his head because he knew he lost control of the ball. He never appealed / conned to the official.

Clancy was the one who called for the TMO and not Beck. Clancy went to the TMO just to make sure Beck hadn't scored it, not because Beck made him to do so. Beck did not influence the decision I am sorry to say.

Last edited:
Nice win by the Ospreys.

Fantastic to have Adam Jones back of course and he did well in his cameo, also impressed by Dan Biggar and Eli Walker.

For Toulouse, Doussain simply cannot play 10. He has absolutely no distance in his punt kicking, neither did Médard with his punts, meaning the Ospreys with some good tactical kicking by Biggar always had an advantage in the kicking battle and territory.

Biggar's performance today baffles me even more why the coaches picked a horribly off form Priestland in November ahead of him. Eli Walker meanwhile is certainly playing himself into contention for the first reserve slot for Welsh wingers, and if he keeps it up should be making his debut in Japan with North and Cuthbert likely away.

A nice sight for all Welsh fans to see again ...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oGmantWPJTc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

God, what a fat fk !!
(KIDDING, KIDDING !!!...just a joke)

Could this awful mess up of the simplest of 2 v 1 overlaps that cost Toulouse a losing bonus point come in crucial in January?

Clerc could have passed either left or right to score, surprised a player like him messed it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ that was fkn miserable...looked like drunk amateurs pretending to be a top14 team.

Latest posts