• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HEC Quarter Finals

A

An Tarbh

<div align="center">Ties to be played the weekend of March 30/31, April 1</div>

wowza, some good match ups there, here my predictions

0oo0o0o but this aint my prediction for the hec competition were having cos id have changed my mind by then, so this aint it like

just how im feeling now

biarritz 30
siants 12

scarlets 25
munster 18

wasps 21
leinster 22

tigers 28
stade 24

scarlets 25
munster 18

[/b]

I reckon Munster will be like a wounded animal now. Other than that I'd say your predictions were looking pretty good.

I don't fancy our chances against that Wasps pack, they'll be able to strangle us up front and keep the ball away from our backs. If we get parity of posession we'll win but that's a very big if at this stage.

At the moment I'd back all 4 home side to come out on top. Injuries and form can change things between now and then though.

Probably a fair assessment, same thing would have been said last year, not many people would have expected Leicester and Toulouse to lose home quarter finals but that's what we got.

Some very good fair matchups, I think biarritz will give Northampton a good game, and Munster to produce some magic once again...

Not a bad split really to be honest...

3 - English
2 - Irish
2 - French
1 - Welsh

Not that I would rate the quality of the GP above Magners... although it could be said that the Magners league is equal with the GP...

Some very good fair matchups, I think biarritz will give Northampton a good game, and Munster to produce some magic once again...

Not a bad split really to be honest...

3 - English
2 - Irish
2 - French
1 - Welsh

Not that I would rate the quality of the GP above Magners... although it could be said that the Magners league is equal with the GP...
[/b]

I'd say the Ciderites are shading it at present.

If there's no HEC next season, then we should have a season of the ML where the teams always have their international complement, then we'd be able to make a basis for comparison with the GP.

I don't fancy our chances against that Wasps pack, they'll be able to strangle us up front and keep the ball away from our backs. If we get parity of posession we'll win but that's a very big if at this stage.
[/b]

Theyre pack is good, but their backs are really shakey, if we keep possesion we'll win, the wasps backs dont really have a home run threat besides tom voyce, considering staunton isnt that great of a fly half i think felipe will rip him a new asshole. Darce and Bod arguabley the best 12 and 13 for club in the world will rip the wasps backline apart, i dont think Horgan will be back will he? That will be tough missing the best wing leinster has, maybe hickie will step up big time.

Leinster 21
Wasps 10

I just dont see the wasps winning with their pack dominate attack, especially when most of their ground is made up from mauls and close runs from rucks, i see leinsters backs running all over the wasps.

Horgan will be back for the Scotland game so barring any other problems he'll be long back in time for the Wasps game, also Staunton won't be starting for Wasps, it'll surely be King.

It's no good singing the praises of the backs unless the pack step up to the plate, they did the job in Agen so they're more than capable, they just don't seem to be consistent enough.

Well all teams now know what's ahead of them with the semi final draw, imagine my shock that both Irish teams got away draws and were kept apart, who'd have thought it.

Anyway Biarritz or Northampton will be at home to Wasps or Leinster while Llanelli or Munster will have to travel to Leicester or Paris.

Horgan will be back for the Scotland game so barring any other problems he'll be long back in time for the Wasps game, also Staunton won't be starting for Wasps, it'll surely be King.

It's no good singing the praises of the backs unless the pack step up to the plate, they did the job in Agen so they're more than capable, they just don't seem to be consistent enough.
[/b]

Yep the pack is capable of it, theyve shown times of brilliance all throughout this year..

Meh, King or Staunton it doesnt really matter, Staunton is the better runner of the two, and i think leinster can bury King as he's really the only threat in their backline.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Yep the pack is capable of it, theyve shown times of brilliance all throughout this year..

Meh, King or Staunton it doesnt really matter, Staunton is the better runner of the two, and i think leinster can bury King as he's really the only threat in their backline. [/b][/quote]

the only threat in Wasps' backline is Staunton?

Tell you what, go back and watch some rugby instead of shoving your head up Leinsters arse. If you call Bosh Lewsey, Mark Van Gisbergen, Paul Sackey & Tom Voyce not a threat, you obviously need a few more rugby lessons. Especially as nobody visits the Lost Cause expecting a win.

Biarritz: 42
Northampton: 14

Llanelli: 26
Munster: 16

Wasps: 17
Leinster: 20

Tigers: 12
Stade: 10

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

:lol2tn: LOL

It's nice to see you have a good sense of humour.
[/b][/quote]

Someone clearly watched none of the pool matches. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I'd put 50quid on munster 2 beat llaneli.
Dey hgad ulster, toulouse and london f***in irish!!! A f***in school's rugby team wud'v come out on top.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Dey hgad ulster, toulouse and london f***in irish!!! A f***in school's rugby team wud'v come out on top.
[/b][/quote]

I'm having to guess at bits of what you said, but I'll answer what I'm assuming it was:

Llanelli topped a group containing the 2nd placed team in the Celtic League, a team who have won the European Cup and number of times and are renound as one of the biggest clubs in Europe, and the side who finished 3rd in the GP last season.

Must be some pretty good school teams round where you live. Either that or you ridiculously underestimate the Scarlets. If Munster even start to do that then wave goodbye to your money.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I'm having to guess at bits of what you said, but I'll answer what I'm assuming it was:

Llanelli topped a group containing the 2nd placed team in the Celtic League, a team who have won the European Cup and number of times and are renound as one of the biggest clubs in Europe, and the side who finished 3rd in the GP last season.

Must be some pretty good school teams round where you live. Either that or you ridiculously underestimate the Scarlets. If Munster even start to do that then wave goodbye to your money.
[/b][/quote]

Alrite if we're gonna talk about history

Leinster DESTROYED Toulouse 'one of the biggest clubs in europe' in the quarters last year without trouble. Leinster went on to play Munster in the semis where muster embarassed Leinster.

Ulster r unable 2 play in the heineken cup. I dunno why. they just are. They do well in the magners league and in nothing else. Munster never fail to beat Ulster no matter what the circumstances.

Let's not talk about your little Guiness premiership. It's a joke!!! London Irish r a joke!! Munster wud've come top of that group without difficulty. As wud leinster. Who r goin 2 beat the wasps with ease!!!!

Latest posts