• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup 22/23 - Rd 4

Sale starts with an S for Sexy

Ironically the try that won it looked less like a try than three that weren't given before (called short but looked like it touched the line to me, ref gets in the way, Kelly tackles over the shoulder and forces a knock-on over the line so arguably a PT)

That was an amazing win by the Ospreys, even though the final try was a tad dubious. Still, far stronger Ospreys teams than this one never were able to win at Welford Road.

Not really. Marler wasn't bound with his whole arm, he shifted and just had his hand on the player in front of him. Ball was out and Etzebeth just very much aware of the rules, poor play by Marler.

I'm somewhere in between … by the letter of the law, Marler isn't fully bound, but at the same time, the inconsistency of how the laws are applied is an issue.

Not really. Marler wasn't bound with his whole arm, he shifted and just had his hand on the player in front of him. Ball was out and Etzebeth just very much aware of the rules, poor play by Marler.
No one has said it is or isn't correct, if any of us could be assed I am pretty sure we could see countless examples of people not being 'bound by the letter of the law' but yet the opposition get pinged, if going forward this is consistently reffed in the same way I have no issues with it, just hope it's not one of those where 'refs interpretations' becomes the difference, that aside another classic example of players winging instead of at least attempting to chase back.

No one has said it is or isn't correct, if any of us could be assed I am pretty sure we could see countless examples of people not being 'bound by the letter of the law' but yet the opposition get pinged, if going forward this is consistently reffed in the same way I have no issues with it, just hope it's not one of those where 'refs interpretations' becomes the difference, that aside another classic example of players winging instead of at least attempting to chase back.

Its probably more an issue of consistency across leagues. Interpretation in the Premiership maybe different in France vs URC. It more reminds of the England Italy weird ruck game. But I don't really think you can say much about letter of the law, he had a full outstretched arm with his hand on the player in front. I don't think there can be a complaint about interpretation on that, he isnt bound.

Kolisi and Care both basically daring the referee to bin them with the way they're shouting at him

Wtf is loz on about smith played it to try and prevent a sharks lineout as it was touched by Quins

Right decision just don't see how if he could or couldn't have realistically made the tackle matters he can't do it regardless.

Latest posts