English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 09.21.37.png

I'd take a point from this fixture and I think that's reasonably achievable. We're a ridiculously annoying team to score against at the very least. We will know by kickoff what, if anything we need from the game in any case.

If Toulouse wanted to play the espoirs I promise I wouldn't complain about devaluing the tournament .... I think we could see Murray and Fekitoa come back into the 23. Earls might displace Coombes on the bench, but I'd be loathe to drop either of Daly or Nash.

I saw some people suggesting Ulster will go second choice vs Sale, but I doubt it. Losing is a habit and they need to break it. I think they'll go all out to give themselves a lift. If it was an away game it may be different.

I saw some people suggesting Ulster will go second choice vs Sale, but I doubt it. Losing is a habit and they need to break it. I think they'll go all out to give themselves a lift. If it was an away game it may be different.
What's Ulsters pack like these days?
I'm a bit concerned about this game - we're going to be missing 5 starters and 2 2nd choice in the pack. Whilst we have decent depth our set piece has been hit or miss (mostly the latter at the lineout) so the disruptions to the set piece units could tell

Bit of a logjam in that 7-10 area in our group, four sides all within a win of each other
Montpellier should beat Irish at home so they'll go through, and I think Clermont should lose away at Stormers, so I think if we beat Ulster we'll move into the top 8 - though part of me thinks dropping down to the challenge cup might be better for us as we'd be more likely to win another game or two

What's Ulsters pack like these days?
I'm a bit concerned about this game - we're going to be missing 5 starters and 2 2nd choice in the pack. Whilst we have decent depth our set piece has been hit or miss (mostly the latter at the lineout) so the disruptions to the set piece units could tell

Bit of a logjam in that 7-10 area in our group, four sides all within a win of each other
Montpellier should beat Irish at home so they'll go through, and I think Clermont should lose away at Stormers, so I think if we beat Ulster we'll move into the top 8 - though part of me thinks dropping down to the challenge cup might be better for us as we'd be more likely to win another game or two
An Ulster fan may feel differently, but their pack is imo held back by some pretty journeyman players, which in turn hamstrings a really strong backline a bit.

Outside of Henderson and Vermuelen I think they lack a bit of class and to be honest Vermuelen has been quite hit and miss for them. There's a number of players they really need to move on from. With that said, they did, to my surprise, really well against a massive La Rochelle pack over the weekend and would have clutched it out if not for an idiot move by Andy Warwick. Sutherland has been a good signing for them I think.

Win in Dublin, stay in Dublin, win in Dublin.

Never a better chance to win that 5th star, and we've had some pretty damn good ones since 2018.

I wonder what team we'll play against Leicester. Leicester obviously played a second string against us in Swansea and still got the win but we've been decent since then. A part of me hopes they don't play Reffell so he doesn't get injured but then the other part of me wants to see him go full throttle against Morgan and Tipuric (assuming we go fully loaded)

Expect to see Kieran Williams back in the starting line up after being rested against Montpellier. Hopefully we can continue our good run of form but not expecting a win.

Libbok out with concussion but I still fancy my Stormers at home. Between Mngomezulu and Willemse we should be fine at 10.

In another example of laughable citings: Cobus gets a one week ban

Charged as a dangerous clearout (which has lower entry points than a dangerous tackle), mid point is 4 weeks - halved due to saying sorry, clean record etc.etc., and then 1 week reduction if he goes to tackle school

I'm glad he's gonna be available for us but...that's crazy!

Ospreys: Cai Evans; Alex Cuthbert, Michael Collins, Joe Hawkins, Keelan Giles; Owen Williams, Reuben Morgan-Williams; Nicky Smith, Dewi Lake, Tom Botha, Adam Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Rhys Davies, Justin Tipuric (capt), Jac Morgan.

Replacements: Scott Baldwin, Gareth Thomas, Rhys Henry, Huw Sutton, Morgan Morris, Matthew Aubrey. Keiran Williams, George North

Like it, from who's available - especially Birch getting a shot.

Feels a bit harsh on Luke, but Roebuck has to be involved for me - considering we seem reluctant to use Curtis at 10 I'd have probably had LJ at 22 and had SJ as the emergency 10 cover from the pitch

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Antoine Frisch, Jack Crowley, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Craig Casey; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O'Mahony (C), John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Josh Wycherley, Roman Salanoa, Jack O'Sullivan, Alex Kendellen, Conor Murray, Ben Healy, Malakai Fekitoa.

Think we will really miss some of our big boys. Best available team picked though. Only change I'd have is Buckley in the bench, he's a Beasty boy. Toulouse have gone with a yuge team. 1 point is a good result for us.

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Antoine Frisch, Jack Crowley, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Craig Casey; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O'Mahony (C), John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Diarmuid Barron, Josh Wycherley, Roman Salanoa, Jack O'Sullivan, Alex Kendellen, Conor Murray, Ben Healy, Malakai Fekitoa.

Think we will really miss some of our big boys. Best available team picked though. Only change I'd have is Buckley in the bench, he's a Beasty boy. Toulouse have gone with a yuge team. 1 point is a good result for us.
Ntamack just said this should be a 5 pointer for Toulouse.
Needless to say that could be a great statement or is that the rocket to spur us on

"We have to win, hopefully with 5 points"

Munstermuffin:

View attachment 15898

Watch it all ;)

He was saying in where both teams are this is a game Toulouse should be getting 5 points.
And nothing personal on it. In logic he is right.

More a reflection on us to stand up and show how far we have come and progress is being made. Nothing wrong with the statement from him at all.

Watch it all ;)

He was saying in where both teams are this is a game Toulouse should be getting 5 points.
And nothing personal on it. In logic he is right.

More a reflection on us to stand up and show how far we have come and progress is being made. Nothing wrong with the statement from him at all.
Fair, I had just seen that quote before your post and MJ immediately came to mind though!

Fair, I had just seen that quote before your post and MJ immediately came to mind though!
Would 100% take that if I was clear where we are.

But this really is a test of where we are. Look at Toulouse home record and they should be aiming for 5.
Look at our issues at lock and the size of their monsters and again should be 5.

Question is can we get game plan right to test them. If we are there with 10 to go I back us.
BUT alot easier said than done.

Exeter: Hodge, Nowell, Slade (c), O'Loughlin, Woodburn, Skinner, S Maunder; Kenny, Innard, Iosefa-Scott, Kirsten, Jenkins, Ewers, Tshiunza, S Simmonds.

Replacements: Frost, Sio, Williams, Sunne, Fisilau, J Maunder, J Simmonds, Kata.

any idea who Sunne is? @Pieter Steph du Teague

Latest posts