• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup 22/23 - Rd 4

Fully agree, Fekitoa offered so much gainline that we've lacked in the past. Held defenders really well too!

Unfortunate Carbery missed those, I think Crowley has to be given the time at 10 now to develop.

Mention for John Ryan, Jesus why he was let go I have no idea. We would have been way worse today without him.

Our two wings have some positioning issues, but they've come alive this season. Casey I think was largely really good.

I think that's Exeter for us in the last 16 again?? All due respect, but it could be a whole lot worse.
Looking at game now on phone here out to airport it looks like Durban.
John Ryan unfortunately chose to go. Was pffered good deal but picked experience but yes can't argue how good he was for us.
Joey in dressing room looked like a lad spaced. He needs big break and just refocus on basics of game. Vrowley Fekitoa and Frisch axis looks like it could be a cracker.

That JG yellow looked (didn't see too many replays) a strange one clearly tackler is responsible for height etc, there are circumstances where they don't actually initiate contact and are almost charged into this is where I think it's gets a bit difficult.
Issue is no consistency overall.

Saracens discipline is atrocious. English clubs in general have a real problem with discipline. Is it something in the psyche?

Wolf sack doesn't like it when teams shithouse them back!!! Vunipola looks seriously spent! Can devote himself to the homophobia full time when he finishes up.

If I'm coming across as v partisan it's because I would way rather a trip to Scotland than South Africa. Hope they don't concede.

Never thought I'd see the day but Saracens are actually being out bellend-ed on the off ball stuff by Edinburgh
They'll be more upset about that than the scoreline

Shocking read by Pyrgos. Has been poor since he came on

Lol Jesus Pyrgos

Jesus Christ Henry Pyrgos villain origin story. What a dumbass

Last edited:
Wow what did I watch, how did Edinburgh not get the message to their players? But Happy this is perfect result for the Sharks, we stay in third because of the PD with Edinburgh as they could have overtaken Sarries and the Sharks.

We now play Edinburgh at the same plaxe next weekend and TBH they look strong at home so its going to be an epic match as we are sending a full strength team.

Saracens discipline is atrocious. English clubs in general have a real problem with discipline. Is it something in the psyche?
This caused me to do some research.
PKs per game by club origin in knockout stage:
England: 11.5
URC:11
France: 12.25

by referee origin:
England: 21.13
URC: 22.4
France: 25.07
Georgia (RESC): 23.75

This caused me to do some research.
PKs per game by club origin in knockout stage:
England: 11.5
URC:11
France: 12.25

by referee origin:
England: 21.13
URC: 22.4
France: 25.07
Georgia (RESC): 23.75
Less of a difference than I thought surprisingly, although I'm pretty certain the national side has a greater difference in discipline compared to other international sides (minus the pacific island nations, who are consistently awful).

So Harlequins for us. Looks a pretty strong outfit, especially beating a loaded Sharks side by 10. But I'll back us at home despite the amount of travelling our boys are putting in but somewhere I expect its going to catch us up.

Latest posts