• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup Final 2019

What is next for Mark McCall career wise? Can't help but be impressed with the man in the way he sets up Sarries for games like yesterday and the way he comes across in the media. Is he at Sarries for the long haul or will he fancy a pop at international rugby? Surprised Ireland didn't go for him but guess he wasn't in the system whereas Andy Farrell was. England could do a lot worse if they don't go for Gatland.
Very good question. He's been at Sarries for a decade, DoR for 6.

Unless he wants to establish a Ferguson style legacy, what else is there for him to achieve? Serial winners, good structure, good culture, great talent ID.

He impresses me in a way that Baxter doesn't quite, not least that he's been able to evolve Sarries game plan. He seems very controlled yet quite a tough nut and I'd be surprised if he didn't have international ambitions. Sarries appears to be a happy ship and he's already got the respect of several of the Eng squad. We could do a lot worse. Keep hearing lots of good things about Sanderson too.

Very good question. He's been at Sarries for a decade, DoR for 6.

Unless he wants to establish a Ferguson style legacy, what else is there for him to achieve? Serial winners, good structure, good culture, great talent ID.

He impresses me in a way that Baxter doesn't quite, not least that he's been able to evolve Sarries game plan. He seems very controlled yet quite a tough nut and I'd be surprised if he didn't have international ambitions. Sarries appears to be a happy ship and he's already got the respect of several of the Eng squad. We could do a lot worse. Keep hearing lots of good things about Sanderson too.

England really like taking sarries defence coaches, is a wonder how they keep producing them

in retrospection, this was a really great heineken cup.

there were two teams clearly above everyone else but the other teams that made the final 8 were all phenomenal.

real excited for la rochelle and clermont to be back where they rightly belong (it's a shame the top 14 kinda eats their own and those two were stuck in challenge cup after poor seasons last year).

benneton qualifies for the first time on their own (I think) so it will be interesting to see how they fare.

Let's not forget Clermont. They walked the Challenge. They'll be a match to Leinster and Saracens next season.

I would have trusted the current Clermont to have made the last 4 of the CCup this season. But no regret for them, they won the Challenge. They're bit more advanced and mature than we are. They've also signed Frank Azéma and his staff into 2020.
Yep, Clermont will challenge for the European crown next season. It'd be great to see all of those team in one European league. Lots of fan and sponsor interest and huge crowds.

Latest posts