• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Champions Cup - Rd 4

Hope Adamson doesn't lose the England sh Welsh game tbf, that will be absolutely hilarious. I'm still feeling from that reffing though, don't think I've seen worse in the last few years.

Ref was poor and we benefited from that. I can think of plenty of times t shoe has been on the other foot though …

I keep waiting for when we're going to click, but we're still bumbling through with good results masking the fact that we're playing poorly and look a bit of a shambles.

Sent today to [email protected]:

I have just read that the Toulouse-Cardiff match has been canceled and declared lost for Toulouse. Two weeks ago, when the Wasps could not come to Toulouse due to Covid cases in their ranks, the match was declared a draw. The difference in treatment is incomprehensible, iniquitous and sickening. Toulouse cast so much shadow over the English and Irish clubs that it had to be eliminated administratively? Shame on you ! Shame on you ! You are pathetic !

jMaxR

I have just read that the Toulouse-Cardiff match has been canceled and declared lost for Toulouse. Two weeks ago, when the Wasps could not come to Toulouse due to Covid cases in their ranks, the match was declared a draw. The difference in treatment is incomprehensible, iniquitous and sickening. Toulouse cast so much shadow over the English and Irish clubs that it had to be eliminated administratively? Shame on you ! Shame on you ! You are pathetic !

jMaxR
They are not the only team to have been ****** over this season though. It's happened to others and the EPCR has made a complete mess of the situation. However, Toulouse will still definitely qualify for the last 16 thanks to Mike Adamson and team, so for you to specifically claim this is different treatment is a bit biased. I assume you didn't send this email when Leinster were screwed over?

jMaxR
Wasps announced a team to travel to Toulouse, but the game was cancelled because of the travel rules put in place by the French government, not because of covid cases in one team.

There are criticisms of the way ECPR has handled things, but they have been reasonably consistent. If you fail to read publicly released information on cancelled games before sending angry emails, you make it look like all critics are biased loonies who are only mad about what happened to their team.

Thinking the EPCR want Toulouse and, by extension*, Leinster eliminated is genuinely hilarious.

*Not that that was thought out this well but its a similar situation just Toulouse have been treated more fairly!

Yes the world is truly against Toulouse. Maybe they should get the LNR to threaten to pull out again. Worked last time.

They are not the only team to have been ****** over this season though. It's happened to others and the EPCR has made a complete mess of the situation. However, Toulouse will still definitely qualify for the last 16 thanks to Mike Adamson and team, so for you to specifically claim this is different treatment is a bit biased. I assume you didn't send this email when Leinster were screwed over?
They are not the only team to have been ****** over this season, sure, but no one have been ****** as they have been. Let me explain why:

They can align a team for today match. A very competitive team indeed. A much more competitive team than the one aligned by Cardiff at the first round, by the way. But because of "the risk of further infection [which is] deemed to be too great" the cancellation was pronounced. Furthermore, EPRC feel the need to explain this is not a sanction. What a joke ! They are pathetic.

This is already a big problem. But the biggest problem is they change the rule during the game ! When round 2 matches have been cancelled because of covid cases on the Wasps side, the result is declared a draw. But this time, Toulouse is declared loser. It is their decisions which are biased.

Leinster have been declared loser for one single match, according the rule that seemed to apply from the beginning. OK. It's unfair, especially if Leinster was able to align a team as Toulouse is today, but it's the rule. And I would not complain so much if the same rule apply to Toulouse today AND be applied to Wasps on round 2. But EPRC decided not to apply the same rule to Wasps. Why ? No reason. No explanation. Just "le fait du prince". I maintain they should be ashamed.

Regarding your allusion to Mike Adamson and referees, I prefer to pretend not to understand... ...to avoid suspecting you to be mean.

Wasps announced a team to travel to Toulouse, but the game was cancelled because of the travel rules put in place by the French government, not because of covid cases in one team.

There are criticisms of the way ECPR has handled things, but they have been reasonably consistent. If you fail to read publicly released information on cancelled games before sending angry emails, you make it look like all critics are biased loonies who are only mad about what happened to their team.
Are you kidding me ? The travel rules problem was solved before match day.

Maybe you are the one who fail to read publicly released information.

Thinking the EPCR want Toulouse and, by extension*, Leinster eliminated is genuinely hilarious.

*Not that that was thought out this well but its a similar situation just Toulouse have been treated more fairly!
"Toulouse have been treated more fairly!".

I would be happy to hear your arguments. THIS may be hilarious!

Leinster were forced to forfeit when they could field a team, they literally named one. Toulouse couldn't field this weekend. Fairly obvious.

Toulouse, meanwhile, had named a team for the game and published it before Friday's cancellation announcement. In a statement, LNR said: "Following the announcement of the EPCR to cancel the Champions Cup match between Stade Toulousain and Cardiff Rugby, the LNR condemns a scandalous and totally unfounded decision.

"Toulouse has put together a group of players to field a team fit to play the match, in full compliance with EPCR health regulations and the French health protocol. The EPCR's Covid-19 protocol stipulates that the EPCR applies and defers to the protocol established by the league to which each club belongs, and adheres to the position of the medical authority of this league regarding the possibility for a club to play the match when positive cases are declared.

"In the case of Stade Toulousain, the commission of expertise Covid-19 of the NRL (LNR) has communicated its position Thursday evening,20 January, to the EPCR – this position being that the club could play the match against Cardiff Rugby. The decision of the EPCR is therefore taken in violation of its own regulations. It is incomprehensible and seriously prejudices the club and the fairness of the competition."

Toulouse, meanwhile, had named a team for the game and published it before Friday's cancellation announcement. In a statement, LNR said: "Following the announcement of the EPCR to cancel the Champions Cup match between Stade Toulousain and Cardiff Rugby, the LNR condemns a scandalous and totally unfounded decision.

"Toulouse has put together a group of players to field a team fit to play the match, in full compliance with EPCR health regulations and the French health protocol. The EPCR's Covid-19 protocol stipulates that the EPCR applies and defers to the protocol established by the league to which each club belongs, and adheres to the position of the medical authority of this league regarding the possibility for a club to play the match when positive cases are declared.

"In the case of Stade Toulousain, the commission of expertise Covid-19 of the NRL (LNR) has communicated its position Thursday evening,20 January, to the EPCR – this position being that the club could play the match against Cardiff Rugby. The decision of the EPCR is therefore taken in violation of its own regulations. It is incomprehensible and seriously prejudices the club and the fairness of the competition."
Ok fair, same deal so. I read a very inaccurate article (that was mostly focused on Connacht) that said they forfeited because they couldn't field.

Continue with your outrage big man.

Anyone believe that statement, though?

It's like when Sale named a team to play Worcester at the end of 19-20, but they cancelled the game anyway because our training ground was basically ground zero for COVID and every day more people kept dropping

Naming a theoretical side and then having the same ones go out and play are two different things, and claiming European rugby actively don't want Toulouse to progress or are biased against them in some way is laughable

Latest posts