• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 06/07

M

MostlyMunster

Predictions?
The draw to me looks particularly skewed this year, which should see some merely good teams stroll through as high seeds(Wasps, Leinster even?), and some decent sides dumped out early(Ulster/Leicester/Cardiff/Irish).
I think we're going to be looking at a repeat of 05-06 with the stronger French teams joining Munster and Leinster at the Business end. There are about four English sides which could come good, but none of them look too fearsome right now.
Of course some will disagree, but I doubt the time is right yet for a Welsh intervention. A rejuvenated Llanelli with Stephen Jones seem the only plausible option from here

We have to beat irish home and away and tolouse at home for any real chance. Why have we always got tolouse?

The pun is so obvious, dont bother.

Leinster won't the group, they hardly ever beat the Gunners and Glouster are no pushovers. I think that it'll be an entertaining group but I wouldn't like to say who I think will win.

same with me, leinster is going to hand it to edinburgh gunners.. then storm through their group to the next round

Aside from the fact you've only beaten us in the Celtic League twice...and one of those times was with ourselves missing our internationals (IE most of our starting XV). Glouscter and Agen will be no mugs either. It could be any of the four.

Saints could be a good outside bet for a home 1/4 Final.

Biarritz away will hardly be easy, or at home, but I'd back us to comfortably beat Parma and the Borders twice each.

Glouscter and Agen will be no mugs either. It could be any of the four. [/b]

In their current form, the west county bumpkins could be a good outside bet for the whole tournament.

Aside from the fact you've only beaten us in the Celtic League twice...and one of those times was with ourselves missing our internationals (IE most of our starting XV). Glouscter and Agen will be no mugs either. It could be any of the four.
[/b]

Leinster hardly ever have a full team for the Magners League. And they always turn it on in the Heineken Cup group stages. Most of the backline that played last Friday won't get near the HEC team. Leinster will top the group.

I disagree, Gloucester will give Leinster a spanking at Kingsholme then proberbly sneak a result in the second game.

I say that it's the most open group in the competition and I'm surprised by the complacency of the Leinster support.

I say that it's the most open group in the competition and I'm surprised by the complacency of the Leinster support.
[/b]

Leinster support is inherently complacent. That is why it is so great. Honestly they'll probably choke one of the matches but they'll definitely get out of the group and probably top it.

Not a question of complacency but Leinster should be too strong for the Gunners. Celtic League form is irrelevant, how many times have both teams been at full strength when they've met in the CL. You mention Celtic league form as well but don't forget Leinster and Edinburgh were in separate sides of the draw for the first season, where we went through the league unbeaten and beat Munster with 14 men, Edinburgh wouldn't have posed us a problem.

Having said all that Edinburgh have picked up decent results in the past few seasons, Wasps and Toulouse come to mind so it wouldn't be that much of a shock if they turn us over.

Whoever said Leinster will get a spanking in Gloucester should look at our record in England.

I said that.

I believe you should instead watch the current form the Cherries are in.

Where did you say that?

Anyway if it were Leicester and Sale they'd beaten then maybe but Quins and Bath are not quite the same. No doubting it's a good start but let's see the away form against the top sides.

I was refering to;
Whoever said Leinster will get a spanking in Gloucester should look at our record in England. [/b]

With
Gloucester will give Leinster a spanking at Kingsholme[/b]

Besides, I don't think Bath are a weak side this year.

Don't worry about, just a misunderstanding on my part as to what you said, I'd thought you'd said Leinster had a decent record in England, instead of just answering my first question. My bad.

Latest posts