• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 2006/7

S

SmokeyMonkey

Anyway the Heineken Cup kinda starts tommorow with the Dragons!!!, Biarritz, Munster and Sale. Which is similar to what we had last year.

Anyway, if we don't win tomorrow I think I will just go and hang my self with my Dragons jersey!

THE ACTUAL DRAW

Pool One: Treviso, Perpignan, Wasps, Castres

Pool Two: Edinburgh, Agen, Gloucester, Leinster

Pool Three: Sale, Stade Francais, Calvisano, Ospreys

Pool Four: Cardiff, Bourgoin, Leicester, Munster

Pool Five: Ulster, Toulouse, London Irish, Llanelli

Pool Six: Biarritz, Northampton, Parma, Border Reivers

Heineken Cup schedule:

Round One: 20-22 October
Round Two: 27-29 October
Round Three: 8-10 December
Round Four: 15-17 December
Round Five: 12-14 January
Round Six: 19-21 January Quarter-finals: 30 March-1 April
Semi-finals: 21-22 April
Final: 19/20 May (Twickenham)

Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Jun 1 2006, 02:52 PM
*Anyway, if we don't win tomorrow I think I will just go and hang my self with my Dragons!!! jersey!
;)

Well you've been pumped twice in your last 2 games, so it won't be easy. Never seen this Italy team play, but it's a potential bannana skin.

To be honest, I think the Dragons should walk it, they are up against a side with no Italian internationals, and we all know the great strength in depth the Top 10 has in Italy.

BM

nope, one of winner takes all, i think the dragons will have too much, and win by 30 pts.

parmas star player went to my school. hes there canadian lock

I think this play off thing is a joke anyway, Dragons don't deserve to be in the HEC. Their league position proves that yet they get some get out of jail free card and all they have to do is beat the 3rd placed Italian Super 10 team, I know Cardiff had the same last year but they shouldn't have had the opportunity either

It should be a third Italian team, no one country should have all their teams in the one competition, at least 1 should have to play in the Challenge Cup so why should Wales be any different.

Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Jun 1 2006, 01:52 PM
Anyway the Heineken Cup kinda starts tommorow with the Dragons!!!,  Biarritz, Munster and Sale. Which is similar to what we had last year. 

Anyway, if we don't win tomorrow I think I will just go and hang my self with my Dragons jersey!
I swear he's a Scarlets fan.

Christ.... It only felt like a month ago when I was watching Cardiff Blues play a qualifying game against an Italian team (forgot who it was)

because the dragons are more competitve than the italian sides and should therefore have more teams in than the italians, thats like saying, why should eng or spain have 4 entrants to the cl when wales only have one.

Well then on that argument you could say that the English and French teams playing in the Challenge Cup this season should have been in the HEC at the expense of some of the Welsh or Scottish teams.

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Jun 2 2006, 08:19 AM
Well then on that argument you could say that the English and French teams playing in the Challenge Cup this season should have been in the HEC at the expense of some of the Welsh or Scottish teams.
That's a good point.

Gloucester and London Irish would have put in a good showing judging by this season, and Northampton stuffed the Dragons in whatever the **** domestic cup is called now (Mark Soden > Micheal Owen).

I think three quarters of a nations teams getting into the competition is more than enough, I wouldn't see the harm in allowing the Italians another place. There is no way their club sides will become more competitive otherwise.

...this would be a lot easier if my Dragons jersey wasn't short sleeved...

i didnt see the match but maybe its a blessing in disguise as there squad cannot compete on two major fronts.

But there are bound to be financial implications now. The Dragons by the looks of it need to recruit wisely, especially as two of their best players in Forster and Luscombe have left now.

Turner has been saying that there's 5 or 6 signings in the offing, be interesting to see how many of them actually sign now they won't be in the HEC

Latest posts