• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 2006/7

Anyone know when the draw for the tournaments are? I thought that the Dragons would've had a good chance in the Challenge Cup even if they lost but after Friday's performance I'm not so sure... :( Hopefully it was a bleesing in disguise! <_<

The ECC can be a blessing in disguise, ok it ain't a pot o' money but Sale won it a year or two back, and look where we are now.

Silverware can improve the morale of any teams, and it'll be nice to see someone bar the GP competing for the ECC ***le.

BM

Looking at what London Irish did to Parma though, and they didn't even win the ECC, I sense the Dragons will need to improve a lot before having a good chance in it.

I'd like to point out there were two Cdn internationals in the Italian team :D

Anyway, a sneak preview of what I've 'heard' is the groups.

Blues, Agen, London Irish, Munster

Ulster, Stade Francais, Gloucester, Calvisano

Biarittz, Wasps, Leinster, Overmach

Edinburgh, Bourgoin, Saints, Ospreys

Treviso, Perpignan, Leicester, Borders

Sale, Toulouse, Scarlets, Castres

I though that the group draw was made publically? Still, I'll take that group. Saints, Ospreys and Bourgoin all beatable at home, and a possible couple of results away from home.

Heard another one for Leinster with Sale, Stade Toulousain and Parma.[/b]
Yeah I heard that. But look.

Originally posted by myself
Blues, Agen, London Irish, Munster

Ulster, Stade Francais, Gloucester, Calvisano

Biarittz, Wasps, Leinster, Overmach

Edinburgh, Bourgoin, Saints, Ospreys

Treviso, Perpignan, Leicester, Borders

Sale, Toulouse, Scarlets, Castres

It's similar...

Teh Mite, you'll be looking forward to watching Henson play then eh? :lol:

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jun 19 2006, 09:32 PM
Well, that's an easy route to the 1/4s than! :D
Pfff....that's probably another 'group of death'. Any of the 4 teams could win it. No easy games for anyone.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner+Jun 20 2006, 07:47 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Jun 19 2006, 09:32 PM
Pfff....that's probably another 'group of death'. Any of the 4 teams could win it. No easy games for anyone. [/b]
Anyone could.

We will though. ;)

Looking forward to seeing Reihana take a dump on Henson if those are the groups.

Or JC. Or Quinlan. Or Cohen. Or Lamont. Or Davies. OR Robinson. Or Los. Or Budgen.

Hell, I'll even play and out fox the Pencoed ****.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jun 20 2006, 06:58 AM-->
Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Jun 20 2006, 07:47 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite

Pfff....that's probably another 'group of death'. Any of the 4 teams could win it. No easy games for anyone.
Anyone could.

We will though. ;)

Looking forward to seeing Reihana take a dump on Henson if those are the groups. [/b]
Dont' be so cocky. We and the Ospreys have beaten better sides than the Saints, and come a hell of a close to beating others.

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner+Jun 20 2006, 05:42 PM-->
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jun 20 2006, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Jun 20 2006, 07:47 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite

Anyone could.

We will though. ;)

Looking forward to seeing Reihana take a dump on Henson if those are the groups.
Dont' be so cocky. We and the Ospreys have beaten better sides than the Saints, and come a hell of a close to beating others. [/b]
It's King Carlos mania in this part of the country, hard not to be cocky. ;)

Being fair though, we beat Toulouse season before last and nearly got relegated. Heineken Cup brings out the best in us. Most of the time.

Aye, but he's just one player. I'd still like to see him poop all over Henson, and playing him could make Godman into a fantastic 10.

those aint the pools, the draw is made tmos, but as an ospreys fan id love to get the saints.

next season well be a diff beast, and northampton will find it very hard to beat the ospreys.

even 2 years ago when they won the CL they still did **** all in Europe and they weren't beseiged by injuries either.

yes but they were still a fairly new region, and the sqaud was still going through a building phase.

next season we have strengthend our side, and have signed some top players. i belive we have enough quality to win the cl, and get to the qf of the hec.

Pool One: Treviso, Perpignan, Wasps, Castres

Pool Two: Edinburgh, Agen, Gloucester, Leinster

Pool Three: Sale, Stade Francais, Calvisano, Ospreys

Pool Four: Cardiff, Bourgoin, Leicester, Munster

Pool Five: Ulster, Toulouse, London Irish, Llanelli

Pool Six: Biarritz, Northampton, Parma, Border Reivers

Latest posts