• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup 2013/14 Pool 5, Round 2

After all the flak the Rabo has taken over recent weeks I think we've earned a bit of bragging this weekend! :D

Well done Gaston.....

MHL were totally Floched by a far superior Ulster game plan and Galthie, this time, was out thought and the team were outplayed. Never seen Gorgodze spill so much ball and wonder why as he has something to prove to those who have supported him now that he has signed for Toulon's big bucks!

Comprehensive win and looking forward to the Leicester Ulster decider if only the basis that MHL DO now concentrate on the Top 14!!

After all the flak the Rabo has taken over recent weeks I think we've earned a bit of bragging this weekend! :D

Unfortunately I think this will be spun in the typical "they get to rest their players in their ****ty league" rather than "well done for beating us"

Message to the French and English teams. You tried to leave us and that's why we had to lay down the law as man of the house and beat you..

Well, what it may do is ram the following thought down McCafferty's throat; "You want the best of Europe in your competition? Well then, if you leave out the Celtalians and your full of *****."

Message to the French and English teams. You tried to leave us and that's why we had to lay down the law as man of the house and beat you..

ooh, impressive sentence...I feel intimidated despite from abroad.....

*fart*

Agreed from a Top 14 supporter!!

what...wh....why the..DON'T AGREE WITH THEM, TONY !!! IT ONLY MAKES THEM MORE CONFIDENT !!!

ooh, impressive sentence...I feel intimidated despite from abroad.....

*fart*

what...wh....why the..DON'T AGREE WITH THEM, TONY !!! IT ONLY MAKES THEM MORE CONFIDENT !!!
Maybe I'm not as abroad as you think.

Look outside.

Show me an under confident Celt.................but do bear in mind that the Manx are Celts!!!

Amigo 500 you were 100% right, the kick and chase completely out done Montpellier, especially as all our catchers had slippery hands and caught zilch, The Ulstermen were good upfront and with the help of a very biased ref helped their cause. Something has to be done about these matches with some of the refs as any 50/50 ball always goes towards BI. I'm not moaning i have the priviledge of replays infront of me (not big screen) and time and time again the faults were outrageous, no one is taking anything away from Ulster they thoriughly deserved their win but a fair contest by a fair ref would be more interesting.
Just to throw more oil on the fire read an article in Sport 24 this morning that the Irish RFU are in debt by Millions and asking clubs to take over central contract players wages as they have no money left, Sexton quoting "the offer he received was rubbish from the Irish RFU so he left" and without the H Cup the Irish could even forfait their entry into the World Cup next year, that i have my doubts, but there must be some truth somewhere. In France if a club is in debt they are no longer allowed to continue in the leaugue they are in, they are demoted automatically 1/3 divisions, maybe its lucky the Irish regions are not in France.

Amigo 500 you were 100% right, the kick and chase completely out done Montpellier, especially as all our catchers had slippery hands and caught zilch, The Ulstermen were good upfront and with the help of a very biased ref helped their cause. Something has to be done about these matches with some of the refs as any 50/50 ball always goes towards BI. I'm not moaning i have the priviledge of replays infront of me (not big screen) and time and time again the faults were outrageous, no one is taking anything away from Ulster they thoriughly deserved their win but a fair contest by a fair ref would be more interesting.
Just to throw more oil on the fire read an article in Sport 24 this morning that the Irish RFU are in debt by Millions and asking clubs to take over central contract players wages as they have no money left, Sexton quoting "the offer he received was rubbish from the Irish RFU so he left" and without the H Cup the Irish could even forfait their entry into the World Cup next year, that i have my doubts, but there must be some truth somewhere. In France if a club is in debt they are no longer allowed to continue in the leaugue they are in, they are demoted automatically 1/3 divisions, maybe its lucky the Irish regions are not in France.

Can you remind me of some of the biased decisions? I'd say MP were very lucky not to get carded with so many penalties.

The Ulstermen were good upfront and with the help of a very biased ref helped their cause.

I would say I didn't have much cause for complaint with the ref - which almost certainly means he was giving us more than our fair share of the 50/50s.

Regarding the IRFU, yes, the are in debt because of loans taken out in the rebuilding of Lansdowne road, and due to poor ticket sales, they will have to extend their repayment schedule (or perform some accounting fancy footwork or something) - but I don't think its debt from normal operations as such, nor is it uncontrollable. You are right in that they are trying to trim the wages and reducing the number of central contracts. They have to - there simply isn't the same money floating about the Irish economy these days as there was in the late 2000s... wages across the country are dropping, rugby players should be no different.

With regards the individual provinces Ulster and Leinster are turning a profit. Munster and Connacht aren't (probably due to Thomond payoff/Sportsground upgrades). I don't know the exact figures.

Now that I've watched it - very impressive. Arguably still not quite there in attack yet, but that'll come. The defence, the tactics - spot on.

One of the great things about the current Ulster backline is that 4 of the 7 are accomplished tactical kickers - the other 3 aren't bad, and on the bench we've got a couple more. Think that's going to develop into a real weapon this season.

now that i've watched it - very impressive. Arguably still not quite there in attack yet, but that'll come. The defence, the tactics - spot on.

One of the great things about the current ulster backline is that 4 of the 7 are accomplished tactical kickers - the other 3 aren't bad, and on the bench we've got a couple more. Think that's going to develop into a real weapon this season.

well it certainly worked well against us !!!!!!!!!!!

Ulster winning in France.... I've sat up and taken notice! These guys are definite ***le contenders.

Leicester, who are never great this time of year, have dodged a bullet and grabbed a bonus point. I'm very pleased. 2pts off the leaders with a home game against them to come. I think a couple of wins vs Montpelier would be brilliant and very hard to achieve. Still, it should focus the mind! What a brilliant competition this is. Compare any pool game, say a trip to Connaght/Cardiff/Triviso/Edinburgh to your typical 22 match league and there real jeopardy. Every match is must win. The excitment level is boosted to the max. Leicester losing to Bath in the Aviva? Meh. No sweat. No big. ...Leicester scoring a 4th try vs Treviso with the final play of the match? WHOA YEAH!!!!!! FIST PUMPING WHOOPING MAYHEM!

Latest posts