• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Heineken Cup" discussion thread

S

St Helens RLFC

Discuss everyone's favourite Welshman Loratadine's article in here please.

I don't know if what you write about the rugby is true because I hate union but it's strung together well and reads pretty well too.

I don't know which Welsh team you follow but thinking that the Dragons will come out of a group with Castres and Munster sounds like a touch of the rose tinted lenses approach. For Castres or Newport to top the group they'll need to win in Thomond Park which has been an impossibility for every visiting team. Munster have no fears of travelling to France or Wales and will probably pick up 2 away wins but discounting Sale does seem quite foolish, they beat Leinster away last time they were in the HEC so trips to Newport and Castres won't strike the fear of God into them. I'd fancy Munster and Sale to be fighting it out for top spot in that group.

im an ospreys fan, and i think the dragons have played some good rugby, and its only a matter of time before it comes off.

Are you kidding? Newport will be lucky to avoid finishing bottom of their group, which I would expect Leicester to take.

Wasps are still an awesome force, and I think writing them off altogether is a very risky prediction.

faor dues - where all entitled to our opinion - but i just cant see them doing anything specail this year.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Sep 23 2005, 07:12 PM
Are you kidding? Newport will be lucky to avoid finishing bottom of their group, which I would expect Leicester to take.

Wasps are still an awesome force, and I think writing them off altogether is a very risky prediction.
I thought Newport were in Group A with Munster, the Ospreys are in Leicester's group. Or am I mixing them up?

Originally posted by An Tarbh+Sep 24 2005, 12:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Sep 24 2005, 12:56 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Sep 23 2005, 07:12 PM

I thought Newport were in Group A with Munster, the Ospreys are in Leicester's group. Or am I mixing them up? [/b]
My mistake, I meant Munster, not Leicester.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Newport gwent dragons â€" this group is so close and therell be a lot of point taking from all teams, I can see Newport sneaking this on the last day against castres at home.[/b]

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've actually watched Newport and Castres today and given the evidence, not just from today but from other matches there's only going to be one winner when Newport play Castres and it ain't gonna be Newport.

well we will see - thats the beauty of this game everyone has different opinions - wouldnt it be borign if we all agreed.

I agree
<
<

Im glad that your gald, to agree. As that could get slightly confusing if you didn't
<

By the way did anyone check out the Dragons v Leicester game this weekend?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Are you kidding? Newport will be lucky to avoid finishing bottom of their group, which I would expect Leicester to take.[/b]

And may I add the 24-15 scoreline was quite flattering towards Leicester (it was more like 24-10)

Originally posted by SmokeyMonkey@Oct 2 2005, 10:51 AM
By the way did anyone check out the Dragons v Leicester game this weekend?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

And may I add the 24-15 scoreline was quite flattering towards Leicester (it was more like 24-10) [/b][/quote]
I'm banking on Leicester actually playing a full strength side and taking some interest in the Heineken Cup though, as opposed to the PC which they clearly aren't bothered about.

Say you were a betting man, would you take a bet on the Dragons beating the Tigers at Rodney Parade when they meet next?

the dragons are full of pace and flair and if they can nullify the leicster pack - then - yes i would say the dragons would win.

Latest posts