• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Heineken Cup" discussion thread

Little breaking news for you....

chip2.jpg

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 03:52 AM
thats is why captain is funnier than robinho
That is why Captain is funnier than Robbinho.

I think you'll find.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 4 2005, 10:05 AM
dechiphering the message ha - what a prat - why dont you go and sip your tea, and then speak to me as a human - not as some sub human alien - dont patronize me.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
dechiphering[/b]

<

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 4 2005, 09:05 PM
dechiphering the message ha - what a prat - why dont you go and sip your tea, and then speak to me as a human - not as some sub human alien - dont patronize me.
You sound so much like BomBom there, it's brilliant.

Seriously what Welsh team do you think will win the HEC?

To be honest I'll be surprised if 1 Welsh team manages to make it to the knock out stages. Traditionally the Scarlets are the best bet but they won't get past Wasps or Stade Toulousain, same applies for the Ospreys with Leicester and Stade Français.

Only realistic chance of qualification has to be the Blues, but they'll need a best runner-up spot cause Perpignan should top the group. Crucial games will be against Leeds.

But even if Cardiff were to qualify for the quarters they'd have an away draw, most likely against Stade Toulousain, Stade Français, Biarritz or Munster. Can't see the Blues pulling off a win in France or Thomond Park.

I agree with you An Tarb although I wish that the Welsh provinces be as competitive as the Welsh national side.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 07:53 PM
youll be shocked this year.
By who? Be more specific, which Welsh team do you seriously believe could go a long way in this year's competition?

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 07:57 PM
all of them
The Welsh regions will be lucky to have one team in knock-out stages this year, you can't seriously think that all the sides will progress?

more chance than all the english clubs progressing, ha leeds tykes scarlets stuffed them.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 08:11 PM
more chance than all the english clubs progressing, ha leeds tykes scarlets stuffed them.
Jeez, I'm not trying to turn this into yet another Anglo-Welsh competition, Leeds suck, it's obvious they won't go through, I'm just trying to get out of you why you think the Welsh clubs will progress from such strong groups?

because on our day it should be the other teams fearing us, not us fearing them

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 08:19 PM
because on our day it should be the other teams fearing us, not us fearing them
It's like trying to get blood from a stone...

I'll try direct questions instead.

Which sides do you think will go through?
How far do you think those sides will get?
What makes you think the top French or English teams will be scared by facing the Welsh sides?

Latest posts