• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Heineken Cup" discussion thread

Have any Welsh sides actually won the HC?? I dont recall.

(I am not sure honestly, I was just asking)

nope - cardiff came close against toulouse in the first european cup but lost in extra time.

oh, okay then.

HC, maybe the toughest competiton in club rugby.

Whoever wins it deserves the respect of others, but wannabes who demand respect are the ones who are really stupid and annoying.

Anyway, we'll see in two weeks when the H-cup starts what teams are real threats. On the French side the usual suspects, Toulouse, Paris and Biarritz will be the main contenders although Perpignan, Bourgoin and Clermont can be very dangerous too.

stephen jones is a points machibne - and is the best fly half in france at the mo

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 7 2005, 02:48 AM
stephen jones is a points machibne - and is the best fly half in france at the mo
The best, I don't know, David Skrela had very good records until he was injured too. Stephen is nevertheless among the best FH playng in the Top-14.

jones interestingly is in the 24 man squad for the weekend game - hes recovering quicker than expected.

They were saying he might be out for a month before he had his MRI scan on Monday, but the results obviously show he's not as bad as first feared if he's in the squad to face Stade Français.

The Clermont - Paris game is on Canal+ this afternoon at 2 o'clock. Laratadine I was told that some matchs of the T14 can be watched on TV in Wales too, maybe this one. There's also Toulouse - Biarritz this week-end and Gareth Thomas I think will play too.

Originally posted by Ripper+Oct 8 2005, 07:17 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Oct 8 2005, 07:17 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-saintsfan24_7
@Oct 6 2005, 09:25 AM
oh, okay then.

HC, maybe the toughest competiton in club rugby.
No, just No. [/b]
S12 may be the flashiest competition, and I don't doubt the NPC and Currie Cup are of great quality, but the Heineken Cup is undoubtedly one of the toughest tournaments to win in rugby.

Every HC final is never won by a wide margin, only by a point or 2 at the least.

So, it must mean it is a very popular competition with all the challenges awaiting.

the hc is by far the toughest competition to win in world club rugby

i dont know if they show live matches, i know they do a weekly highlight show called le clwb rygbi

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 8 2005, 10:07 PM
Shut the f*** up;

Have you ever watched a Super 12 match?

Well you can't say the HC is the toughest club competition in the world. Hell, only Toulouse, Stade Francis, Leicester and Wasps would be anywhere near the SH club level.

Out of those 4, Toulouse would be the best side, yet they couldn't hold a candle to teams like ACT or Aukland.

And for once, don't say a Welsh would win it just to argue.

Yeah, but remember when we beat "Cats" only a few years ago??

But I agree on some terms and not others.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Oct 8 2005, 11:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 8 2005, 11:50 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Oct 8 2005, 10:07 PM
Shut the f*** up;

Have you ever watched a Super 12 match? [/b]
Have you ever watched a Rugby League match? Far tougher.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Oct 9 2005, 01:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Oct 9 2005, 01:19 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 8 2005, 11:50 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Oct 8 2005, 10:07 PM

Shut the f*** up;

Have you ever watched a Super 12 match?
Have you ever watched a Rugby League match? Far tougher. [/b]
<

I like you. Your funny.

Anyhew, this is refering to the dificulty of winning the competition due to skill, not the difference between the 'toughness' of codes like you northerners keep going on about.

Latest posts