• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

"Heineken Cup" discussion thread

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:11 AM
more chance than all the english clubs progressing, ha leeds tykes scarlets stuffed them.
*Rubs hands at seeing Ospreys have to play Leicester, Scarlets vs Wasps and Dragons vs Sale*

rub ur hands all you want mate, but i can assure you itll be me rubbing my hands after these matches,

They may, and they may not.

Thats what the competiton is all about, and thats excitement and never underestimate the opposition. Especially the underdogs.

Which I think Leicester did exactly that against Newport last week.

But just because Wales won the grand slam for the first time in god knows how long, it doesnt mean Wales are going to take over the world, maybe the world cup should be won before thinking that.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 08:34 PM
rub ur hands all you want mate, but i can assure you itll be me rubbing my hands after these matches,
Bit perverted.
<

Are you going to get round to answering my straight forward questions any time soon?

yes ok webby i bloody well will

i think that the dragons will qualify, and the blues and the scarlets

i think they will as they are really starting to play exciting rugby like the welsh national team,

why do you think the english clubs will qualify - past records have nothing to do with it - its a new year - and a fresh approach from the boys

its nice to see you taking over from woodies mantle.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 6 2005, 07:34 AM
Archived.

Be serious, you think that these teams will come up trumps against the top3 English teams overall in the HEC.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 08:43 PM
why do you think the english clubs will qualify - past records have nothing to do with it - its a new year - and a fresh approach from the boys

its nice to see you taking over from woodies mantle.
Woodie? Oh yes, that well respected member you drove away. Almost forgot.
<

If you have watched teams such as Wasps, or Leicester, or Sale play this season, then you would realise that they are still top sides, and will quite happily match it with the best in Europe.

I've said nothing about past reputations, I agree that they don't come into it.

we agree on something

the welsh can get on with the english in harmony

"its the world in union"

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 08:48 PM
we agree on something

the welsh can get on with the english in harmony

"its the world in union"
It's nothing to do with the Welsh in general. I like the Welsh in general, one of my closest friends is Welsh.

It's only you that seems set on creating this Anglo-Welsh friction all the time.

Until you get a small headache and decide to take it out on everyone on here, and make everyone else's life difficult.

And start contradicting everone and everything until your painkillers have kicked in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Until you get a small headache and decide to take it out on everyone on here, and make everyone else's life difficult.

And start contradicting everone and everything until your painkillers have kicked in.[/b]

hes got my number.

Originally posted by loratadine@Oct 5 2005, 09:19 PM
because on our day it should be the other teams fearing us, not us fearing them
Seriously what is there to fear, the Blues are only 5th in the Celtic League and they're currently the best performing Welsh team.

well then they must have only found a few toenails judging by their progress this season.

the celtic league is a hard competition its hareder than alot of english would make out

yes but Europe is harder still and if the Welsh haven't stepped up to the plate in a lesser competition, what makes you think they can do it in the HEC?

fair point - but ive seen enough in the powergen cup to convince me that the regions are on the up.

Latest posts