• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Semi Final: Clermont vs Leinster - 29/04/12

The first attempt was never a try and their subsequent attempt in vain (and Barnes was right that time!).................................a highly professional performance from the best team in Europe who played the cards given to them, and Barnes was their banker who kept the important ones in his pocket! Once they regained their confidence, they showed just what an attacking AND defensive team that they can be and were. They must be a shoe in at the Final surely.........but Cullen must be cited and banned long enough to miss it surely and at the very least? Well played Clermont and there is always next year...........you are still the best in France now prove it in the Top 14.......Aupa BO

well i don't want to say leinster didn't deserve that, because they did, but they definitely got the rub of the refereeing decisions...

This was an entertaining last 10minutes to watch, from a neutral perspective :D

Well Leinster won because Barnes coudn't follow through Leinsters constant penalizing with a yellow or two. Clermont very unlucky with injuries as well. Hope Cullen misses the final for that punch.

Not sure what to say. Clermont are massively unlucky. Take nothing away from Leinster, they upped it in the second and shut down Clermont. Overall thought Clermont were the best team, but weren't really allowed to take advantage of that. Fofana massively unlucky that he didn't manage to get that down. Congrats Leinster supporters.

lol wish I could watch this live. Can't wait for the replay. What were the controversial reffing aspects to look out for?

Not sure what to say. Clermont are massively unlucky. Take nothing away from Leinster, they upped it in the second and shut down Clermont. Overall thought Clermont were the best team, but weren't really allowed to take advantage of that. Fofana massively unlucky that he didn't manage to get that down. Congrats Leinster supporters.

I agree, Leinster got ths rub of the ref. like you said you can't take anything away from Leinster! To go to France and beat Clermont is nothing short of amazing, at the end of the day Leinster new how to win and make a final and Clermont didn't.... When it comes to semi final rugby all that matters is the win and that's what Leinster got!

Leinster being allowed to run onto the pitch, if you ask Mite.

We shauld have had a yellow or 2 but god am i happy right now incredible.

Just to add Jenkins couldn't have scored that try :p

Last edited:
Starting to think French paranoia about "anglosaxon" refs is justified, Barnes helped Leinster a LOT in that game.

Didn't help Clermont that Byrne and Malzieu, arguably two of their most dangerous players, had to go off early. Saying that, Buttin was pretty impressive when he came on.

Regardless of controversy, from a neutral perspective I'll say that that was the highest quality game we've seen all season - including the world cup. Attacking at pace, offloading, angles of running, physicality, commitment, quality of kicking - all top notch.

Leinster > Ireland.
Clermont > France.

Latest posts