• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Semi Final: Clermont vs Leinster - 29/04/12

What? Looked like Nacewa just ran into the Clermont player?

Sorry but he really hasn't. He's given the ones he simply has to to Clermont, but every other decision has gone to Leinster. The scrum decisions have been baffling considering Clermont are so dominant there.

No not really first penalty was correct and since the majority are going Clermont's way fairly I may add. He's been good so far. He's given the penalties he's had to give to each side not being biased at all.

No not really first penalty was correct and since the majority are going Clermont's way fairly I may add. He's been good so far. He's given the penalties he's had to give to each side not being biased at all.

Sorry I don't agree, there's a reason why 4-5 people all posted about the ref being harsh on Clermont during that first half.

If Leinster can't start to compete up front then there's only one way this match is going to turn out. Not sure what they can do to change that though, because they're simply getting out muscled. The lineout is an area they can improve though.

Barnes has a rep for deciding who's going to win before the kick off. He doesn't like games not following a script.

He's in Leinsters pocket today. Clermont are up against it.

Sorry I don't agree, there's a reason why 4-5 people all posted about the ref being harsh on Clermont during that first half.

If Leinster can't start to compete up front then there's only one way this match is going to turn out. Not sure what they can do to change that though, because they're simply getting out muscled. The lineout is an area they can improve though.

You know it seems we're going to have to agree to disagree on basically every opinion we have on rugby.

Not completely worried yet Leinster have shown what they can do with a half time break before.

Barnes has a rep for deciding who's going to win before the kick off. He doesn't like games not following a script.

He's in Leinsters pocket today. Clermont are up against it.

It's incredibly frustrating watching a pack so dominant at the scrum not getting the correct decision.

Clermont are off their feet in the majority of the rucks..that said Leinster are playing shite.

We'll see how they will play now

It's incredibly frustrating watching a pack so dominant at the scrum not getting the correct decision.

I often say that at away premiership games when Barnes is involved.

People need to realise dominance at the scrum does not mean penalties every scrum you get the penalty when the other team does something illegal which going backwards is not.

Confuses me when people say this.
You don't win penalties just for having a dominant scrum.If you're going forward but then infringe then you can give away a penalty for it.
Don't know if that's happening today, mind.

You know it seems we're going to have to agree to disagree on basically every opinion we have on rugby.

Not completely worried yet Leinster have shown what they can do with a half time break before.
You know, I won't "accuse" you of being biased, because we all are. But you really have to understand that your opinions are not objective when talking about Leinster, Ireland, Cian Healy and SOB.
If, as mentioned before, 4 or 5 neutral spectators are not seeing things the same as you, it's probably them who are right.

Not really, I agree with you on plenty of things, but this is a forum for debate, so debates are bound to crop up. There's little point posting 'yes I agree' when there's things you agree on.

Nice try by Leinster.

Edit. I had a feeling Kearney would nail that as soon as he went for it. Excellent 5mins for him.

Last edited:
If, as mentioned before, 4 or 5 neutral spectators are not seeing things the same as you, it's probably them who are right.
*3 or 4,
Teh Mite is never neutral whenever an Irish side is playing ;)

That was a hhhhuuuugggeee clearance by Kearney, and then a massive dropgoal too!

Latest posts