• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hello from Canada

Greeves

Academy Player
Country Flag
Canada
Club or Nation
Nice
Hello all, just thought I'd post an introductory thread. Don't know why I didnt find this forum before, but glad I did.

Just got home last week from 10 days in the UK. Was able to see 4 games during that time: Can vs Ire; NZ vs Arg; Fra vs Rom; Can Vs Ita. What a fantastic experience! I'm starting to follow the Aviva Premiership and some Top 14 and I even have a distant cousin who plays in the QRL for Northern Pride, a feeder club for the North Queensland Cowboys of the NRL. In truth, I know very little about league and have only ever played union.

Anyway, glad I found the forum, look forward to joining in on the discussions!

Hello all, just thought I'd post an introductory thread. Don't know why I didnt find this forum before, but glad I did.

Just got home last week from 10 days in the UK. Was able to see 4 games during that time: Can vs Ire; NZ vs Arg; Fra vs Rom; Can Vs Ita. What a fantastic experience! I'm starting to follow the Aviva Premiership and some Top 14 and I even have a distant cousin who plays in the QRL for Northern Pride, a feeder club for the North Queensland Cowboys of the NRL. In truth, I know very little about league and have only ever played union.

Anyway, glad I found the forum, look forward to joining in on the discussions!

welcome :). canada played some really attractive rugby, they were unfortunate not to get a win but they will only get better. Tyler Adron and Jeff hassler play for the Ospreys who are my local professional team in the Pro12, both have been amazing for us over the last couple of years

welcome :). canada played some really attractive rugby, they were unfortunate not to get a win but they will only get better. Tyler Adron and Jeff hassler play for the Ospreys who are my local professional team in the Pro12, both have been amazing for us over the last couple of years

Thanks for the welcome. We missed Ardron for much of the RWC - he's really become a key piece. Hassler had some great runs and a wonderful try against Romania. I ran into his father before the Ireland game at the Prince of Wales pub in Cardiff, which was the Canada supporters' bar during our game there.

Hi Greeves,
Welcome.

Glad you enjoyed your World Cup experience. I would've given anything to attend that New Zealand Argentina game. The atmosphere was probably incredible.

Enjoy it here!

Hi Greeves,
Welcome.

Glad you enjoyed your World Cup experience. I would've given anything to attend that New Zealand Argentina game. The atmosphere was probably incredible.

Enjoy it here!

Wembley was incredible. The largest crowd I've ever been in for a test match here in Canada was about 20 000 when we faced Ireland here in Toronto 2 years ago. 89 000 + was just madness. All the games were great, though - even our heartbreaker against Italy in Leeds.

Thanks for the welcome!

Latest posts