• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hip Bankruptcy

T

Trev@Swordfish

Just saw the post about Hip Corporate going bust in Canada. Yup, that caused me lots of issues.

Ironically Hip Europe went into receivership in December ie. they went bankrupt too. That caused me even more problems and ultimately caused the delays in shipping the game.

I cannot really talk about this too much as there is a lot of legal stuff flying about, but what remains of Hip and Ubisoft have worked really hard to make sure this game ships. It's been a hard slog but I do think we're through it now.

I really hope people like this game - getting it to market has knocked 15 years off my life!

<
<
<

Bro.....we really appreciate the effort you have been putting in..........like really....

....big ups for the little guy in the gaming market.....you people at Swordfish have really been excellent doing your best.....thats all the gaming community could hope for.....

.....From the reviews of Knowsleyroader......I am sure this game will definitely be good
<

Yeah Trev it's really good of you guys at Swordfish to just keep trying agains the really big companies like EA. They just turn out the same stuff each year and hope they have enough followers to buy their crap. I mean look at EA Cricket 2005 - what a joke! BLIC was such a superior game, I even thought the graphics were better on BLIC than EAs. Keep up the good work Trev and the rest of the Swordfish crew.

Oh and I just want to get this right:
Swordfish are developers right
Ubisoft are publishers right
Hip Games - what exactly did they do?

Coco

I can only echo what the others have said, but it's really appreciated.

Swordfish have done well with this cosidering all the harships and it's great that they've taken the time to the rugby fans and those who play the game so we're getting what we want.

I've orderd my copy from play.com and I'm looking forward to playing it.

Originally posted by trev's sig
Any opinions expressed here are my own and are not necessarily those of Swordfish Studios or Vivendi Universal Games

hahahaha, only noticed that now - your a legend!
<

trev..gay guy loves you!!!....

i like u ...youre ok!..gud luck wit getting this game out..coz if it doesnt release in new zealand in less than 2weeks...sheep will die!!!

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jan 4 2006, 09:52 PM
trev..gay guy loves you!!!....

i like u ...youre ok!..gud luck wit getting this game out..coz if it doesnt release in new zealand in less than 2weeks...sheep will die!!!
Don't lie, u love him too!

I cannot wait until it comes out! (not Chiro coming out of the closet
<
)

Roll on the release date.

well it could be it may not be. the decision is out of their hands since being aquired by viviendi. we can only hope that they do make mor sports games as they are good at it.

Thanks again trev for keeping us all posted on the situation. hopefully better times are ahead with vividendi and that rc2006 will release soon.

All members of this forum with a disposable income should purchase at least three copies of this to give sales a boost, and help towards a sequel. Hopefully its just so good that it will sell like hot cakes all by itself.

Good to see your alive and posting esoj!

As much as I would love to buy three copies of exactly the same game on exactly the same console, I really don't have the expendable income rquired to do this. Sorry guys.

GO RC2006!!!

Coco

It seems pretty obvious that this game is all about gameplay, which is great as the graphics are not quite where we would expect them to be so close to the end of the current gen consoles, hopefully this game can play very well so the graphics don't matter and hopefully this will be a Rugby game finally worth buying as I have no faith in EA after all of the chances they have had and blown imo.