• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hodgson just won't die!

P

Prestwick

Originally posted by 'BBC 606'
{Charlie} Hodgson, according to Ashton, "should be up and running" by the time the squad head to Portugal for a training camp on 25 June..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n5P1XBq6_tc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n5P1XBq6_tc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Originally posted by 'BBC 606'
{Charlie} Hodgson, according to Ashton, "should be up and running" by the time the squad head to Portugal for a training camp on 25 June..

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n5P1XBq6_tc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n5P1XBq6_tc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
[/b]

Jeeez, were going to have to put up with him again, to me he's anonymous at international level, I would much rather have Andy Goode as a reserve.

It'd be funny to put Charlie Hodgson and Frederick Michalak in a room together and watch them jump and "yeek" at each others shadows for a while.

initial thought at the ***le was , ' he will if i keep my foot on his head long enough ' :) but i agree with this idea why not take a player whos not going to play i mean lets waste a spot which a player whos got a chance of playing and making a name for himself could have .... oh wait no one wants it ... they'd rather stay in northampton with the family or run a farm :)

Jeeez, were going to have to put up with him again, to me he's anonymous at international level, I would much rather have Andy Goode as a reserve. [/b]

Please tell me that's not the consensus of the average Englishman, right?
Goode, seriously?
Oh dear god, if he's your reserve you're more screwed up than the Welsh.

<div class='quotemain'> Jeeez, were going to have to put up with him again, to me he's anonymous at international level, I would much rather have Andy Goode as a reserve. [/b]

Please tell me that's not the consensus of the average Englishman, right?
Goode, seriously?
Oh dear god, if he's your reserve you're more screwed up than the Welsh.
[/b][/quote]

At least you Welsh don't have to put up with a Horrible Italian c*** in your backrow, 87 years after he officially retired.

Ok, why are you guys even mentioning Hodgeson and Goode. Surely Wilkinson and Flood can do the jobs at fly half, no?

Come on, hodgson isn't that bad. He does appear to possess the talent, just not the mental strength (obviously a fairly major requirement at internaitonal level).

Not a mad fan of Flood and would prefer to take barkley as back up fly half. Having said that, think we're pretty f@cked if wilko gets injured regardless of who's selected as his no. 2.

Grubber. All Hodgeson has to show for 2 years as England's fly half is a half decent cross field kick to Mark Cueto against South Africa in 2004 and a couple of decent performances for the Lions against New Zealand in 2005. That is about it!

To be even more blunt, Flood & Geraghty did more to sell themselves in 40 minutes than Charlie Hodgeson did in 2 years!

Prestwick. Agree that Hodgson hasn't done enough to warrant inclusion in the starting 15, but do believe he wasn't given the easiest time by robinson who insisted on playing him alongisde tindall (awesome player back in 2003) or noon, neither of whom is a 12. He does offer a fairly decent running game and on occasion solid kicking (though this is admitedly highly inconsistent).

Although flood and geraghty have played well, the world cup is no time to blood youngsters. Simply for that reason I think hodgson or barkley should be backup flyhalf for this world cup, though come the six nations the younger pair should be given the opportunity to stake a more permanent spot in the team/squad be it at 10 or 12 (although hopefully by then lamb, allen, clarke, and smith will also be in contention).

This is not a perfect time for anything, lets be frank. The only reason why we are in the situation of throwing new guys into the maelstrom of the World Cup is precisely because players like Hodgeson simply didn't step up and take responsibility and put in consistent and decent performances.

Notice that both Flood & Geraghty had to deal with Tindall as part of the back line. Both, when they saw the same old thing that Tindall was doing (i.e. just crashing with the ball, not making the gain line, no offloading, etc) they both took matters into their own hands, Geraghty especially and took the job on themselves and grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck. Hodgeson never did this. Frankly, if life gives you poop: make poop juice.

Flood should be picked as back up fly half as well as a possible back up center as well. Hodgeson should not be allowed anywhere near this squad.

Slightly off topic but picking up on a point raised, I'll be very supprised if Smith makes it into the England setup now. The injury seems to taken away that sparkle that made him so dangerous 2-3 years ago. Besides a fully fit choice from Hipkiss, Clarke and Allen should always get the nod ahead of him, even if he did somehow get back his best form.

Wasn't quite as his best when he returned earlier this year, but agreed, he has to be the best English 13 around. With either Hipkiss or Allen at 12 and JC at 13, that could easily become a partnership on par with BOD & D'Arcy.

But of course, this is all dependant on a fair coach who makes correct decisions in charge of the national team instead of one of Barons puppets selecting his favorates from the holy trinity.

i heard andy goode was released because he was found in him room chewing on strettle's foot in his sleep, thats how it got scewed up

anyway im glad that hodgeson won't die coz he is amazing, just like tait he is just... unlucky?

With either Hipkiss or Allen at 12 and JC at 13, that could easily become a partnership on par with BOD & D'Arcy. [/b]

I didn't know Jesus was English...or a centre.