• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Homphobic Abuse of Nigel Owens ***abusive comment inside***

I have just two words.... fvcking morons (apologies for the swearing, but I think it is appropriate in this instance).

Think that's fair for what appears currently as an isolated incident that the referee apparently didn't hear. I hope it's enough to show it isn't acceptable to players but keep things calm. I imagine a few more incidents and the fines/bans start becoming more stark.

Fair play to the player owning up to it as well Football's similar incidents usually resort in back tracking and vigorous denials. Hopefully this is enough...

The smallest of silver linings is that he's owned up and given what seems to be a sincere apology. Which is good. I'm more worries about players behaving like this than I am fans.

On a wider note, just picking up something that was said earlier. I think the Owen's case is an example of things being picked up more rather than a 'slippery slope' as GN10 mooted. It's good that this stuff is picked up and acted upon, you're never going to be able to stop a few absolute cretins from behaving terribly in a crowd of 80,000 plus or on the echo chamber than is Twotter, but if they get caught they should be made an example of.

Clyde Rathbone:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/03/24/rathbone-pocock-shut-play/

Seriously, what is wrong with these social justice warriors! It's as though they can't resist the impulse to stick their noses where they don't belong.

First we had to pretend that it's OK for girls to play sports, even though deep down we all know that ladies ain't meant to sweat.

And what about all these black fellas running around our game these days, carrying on as though they're the same as the rest of us. It's disgusting.

And now, as if these injustices weren't bad enough, we've got to pretend it's acceptable for homosexuals to play footy. Enough is enough!

wonder how long till someone takes it completely the wrong way...

Most won't get past the first sentence which is pretty incendiary and designed to provoke a reaction, it's only clear after that he's joking.

think both those situations have been handled well. Potgieter met with a gay rugby team and seemed to learn a lot and Nigel Owens met the kid and got a face to face apology. Learning experiences all around.

Message deleted.

Edit: On second thought knowing what this place has become a simple statement like that will turn into a four page argument over semantics and I can't be bothered anymore here.

Last edited:
im disgusted by these twitter idiots being bigots, if Nigel Owens and the Welsh rugby team want to gang bang each other in the changing rooms after the match so be it, as long as it does not interfere with the game result let Owens have his cake errr I mean sausage and eat it too. I mean the Aussies have been doing it for years, hasnt helped their rugby but they all get along fine

Last edited:
Message deleted.

Edit: On second thought knowing what this place has become a simple statement like that will turn into a four page argument over semantics and I can't be bothered anymore here.

#2jaded4me

hi all

please dont jump down my throat as a homophobe, im not and the following is just a comment on society.

males and female are usually seperated by gender when using public facilities, toilets, showers and changing rooms etc.........why ? when homosexuals and lesbians are forced to use the facilities of their preferred gender.
in this enlightened world perhaps all facilities should be unisex.

im disgusted by these twitter idiots being bigots, if Nigel Owens and the Welsh rugby team want to gang bang each other in the changing rooms after the match so be it, as long as it does not interfere with the game result let Owens have his cake errr I mean sausage and eat it too. I mean the Aussies have been doing it for years, hasnt helped their rugby but they all get along fine

WTF? I guess your trying to be tongue in cheek or whatever but this is such a load of dribble its just WTF?... but then I realise this is TRF.

I think everybody in this thread except me needs to get a room. That is all.

wonder how long till someone takes it completely the wrong way...

"Jacques Potgieter may be an idiot, but being an idiot isn't a choice, like being gay is. People are just born idiots, and it's our job to love them anyway.

Can I get an Amen?"

Good ending.