• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hooray for me!

G

gjohn85

I have just passed my driving test first time! I'm still in shock. I couldn't believe that today of all days it has to be raining. Last week & over the weekend, It was beautiful weather. But I passed nevertheles with only 4 minors! :bana:

well done mate, i passed mine first time as well... 0 minors!

what did you get yours for?

4 minors, aparently the examier is really hard to please, a real grumpy basket of flowers.

Congrats Mate

I passed first time, with 3 minors... and it had snowed in the morning I took mine... Of all the days.

It will seriously change your life

Yeah, i took my test 6 years ago and it was the day after boxing day. Also snowing. And to top it off, i did a wheelspin at my very first set of traffic lights, which was about 20 metres from where i started.
But i passed 1st time wtih 4 minors. All for "speeding without giving due care for the conditions".
Bullshit.

Congratulations!

I passed with 3 minors last August and haven't driven since. I've probably regressed. When I finally have a car to drive it'll be a shock.

Nice one GJohn. Hopefully, by the end of the month I will have joined you in this club.

It blows my mind that you all are in your 20's and taking your tests. Had mine on my 16th birthday.
In America, where everything is big and awesome, we tease people who don't get their DL as soon as their 16.
But, hey, we're Americans and we're currently ruling the world, so I guess that's okay.

Seriously, though, congrats! Enjoy owning the road.
And, please, no explanations as to why people in Britain have to wait till later on or fewer people own cars and all that nonesense...I do, actually understand all of this.

nice job gjohn now you'll get that independent driving feeling, get that radio loud son!!

ive had mine for a year now, its so werid though that you guys have to wait so long to get your license!!

nice job gjohn now you'll get that independent driving feeling, get that radio loud son!!

ive had mine for a year now, its so werid though that you guys have to wait so long to get your license!!
[/b]
I'm pretty sure they cut out all those High School racing deaths we get here. I mean, I'm suprised I survived my 16-21 years as a driver...it was all speed and stupidity. Ahhh, the good ole days...
General_Lee_jump.jpg

It's so weird you guys are allowed to drive when you're 16!

I was no where near mature enough to take on the responsibilities of being a driver. I passed just after my 18th and i was still an idiotic kid.
But then again, it's not like 17 is a huge difference compared to 16 years old. 1000's still die on the road every year - so makes no difference really.

Our American view on age and maturity are weird.
16 to drive and with parents consent join the military
16-17-18 to get married
18 to vote and join the military
21 to drink

You'd think you'd let someone have some beer before they decide to die out in Iraq, right?

I will take my Virtual Pint in Cardiff GJohn when you can make it a real one, you would be like Jesus then, making virtual into reality

I am guessing your gonna come along for one night/day?

Our American view on age and maturity are weird.
16 to drive and with parents consent join the military
16-17-18 to get married
18 to vote and join the military
21 to drink

You'd think you'd let someone have some beer before they decide to die out in Iraq, right? [/b]

Thats just wrong!!!

although I do believe that 21 should be the age to drink in this country for blokes, and 18 yr old girls should be allowed to drink...

Now I am 21 I don't care if they change the legal age ;)

We can only start when we're 17 and to be fair I have been driving on and off for 3 years - all dependant on the funds you see. Don't know about in the USA but it's not cheap here.

In America, they pay you to get them. Also, the streets are paved with gold, and we all get space lasers at 18 months.

In America, they pay you to get them. Also, the streets are paved with gold, and we all get space lasers at 18 months. [/b]
At what age do you get Hummers?

Anyone else remember when "Hummer" was slang for oral sex and not a "Look at me, I'm overcompensating" oversised SUV?

Having said that, we recieve those at around 14.

Latest posts