• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How do I get it back without knocking on?

S

sphanlon

I have this one idiot on the team I use who keeps dropping passes. 95% of the time I get called for knocking it on when I try to regain the ball, either diving on it or picking it up. On rare occasions, however, I can scoop it up without getting a scrum awarded to the other team. I have no idea what is any different. I'm not really super familiar with rugby, so excuse me if anything about the question sounds stupid.

again, timing is the thing u need! u gotta do more practices and change the view to one of the classics... begginers think tht helps a lot!

Timing for what? Passing and catching or picking the ball off the ground? Why does it matter when I try to grab it? Also, timing might not help anything since a bunch of players on my team I don't control go for the ball on the ground.

If one of your players drops the ball 95% of the time, check he's not out of position, EA added it to this version that if someone plays out of position, their catching is horrible. Look in squad management and if that players position is in red with an exclamation mark, you need to move him to one of his preferred positions.

also if the ball goes foreward when it is dropped it is a "knock on" and that is why the other team gets a penalty, so if it is dropped backwords there will be no scrum.

Originally posted by sphanlon@May 8 2006, 03:39 PM
I have this one idiot on the team I use who keeps dropping passes. 95% of the time I get called for knocking it on when I try to regain the ball, either diving on it or picking it up. On rare occasions, however, I can scoop it up without getting a scrum awarded to the other team. I have no idea what is any different. I'm not really super familiar with rugby, so excuse me if anything about the question sounds stupid.
It sounds like your playing whiever it is out of position (ie, if you were to put Spencer at Inside Centre when he's only a Fly Half, he'll always drop it).

Make sure you have not made a similar clanger.

Or like putting a winger at fullback who is only a winger, they'll drop high balls every bloody time, that's where you have to be careful of the positions played by your reserves...

Originally posted by DC13@May 8 2006, 09:56 PM
also if the ball goes foreward when it is dropped it is a "knock on" and that is why the other team gets a penalty, so if it is dropped backwords there will be no scrum.
I thought after a knock on the oppostion gets awarded the put in to the scrum...

If you sprint when trying to collect the ball from the ground try it without sprinting and see if that makes a difference. Who's the player if I may ask.

Thanks everyone. I distinctly remember red letters and exclamation points. Didn't know what they meant.

When I play as Wales and I try to run the Miss set play, I press button 3 to do the double-miss play. This brings Gareth Thomas from full-back into the attacking line but he always ends up knocking on. Other than not using that play ever again or moving Alfie to another position, is there anything I can do?

Originally posted by Quintes+May 9 2006, 08:08 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DC13
@May 8 2006, 09:56 PM
I thought after a knock on the oppostion gets awarded the put in to the scrum...

If you sprint when trying to collect the ball from the ground try it without sprinting and see if that makes a difference. Who's the player if I may ask. [/b]
my bad, i meant to say penalty as in scrum, thanks for clarifying that though

yea its a scrum not a penalty..

Originally posted by sphanlon@May 10 2006, 02:01 AM
Thanks everyone. I distinctly remember red letters and exclamation points. Didn't know what they meant.
Got to watch when you get a player injured in a tournament of any kind too. As you may put the proper replacement on during the game, but quite often the next game can have another player starting out of his favoured position in the injured players spot. Something to keep an eye on, got caught out with a centre at fullback one game, dropped everything within sight. Make sense? :)

Latest posts