• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How Far Ea Has Come Along

D

DC

well i was just scanning google video for rugby test matches.. and came across this.. it got a laugh out of me

EA Sports Rugby

i love how at the rucks.. it is a perfectly formed scrum :lol:

and the try zone is about 50 meters deep! :lol: :lol:

enjoy!

In goals were always that big. So that both teams could have a lovely tea-party in the in-goal area.

thats nothing see if you can find something on EA Sports rugby 1995 (or something along those lines)

then you will see how far EA has come

in fact i might get my mega drive when i am home and see if i can post some fotage. but that will be a few weeks away

hahaha!! you could put draw on your place kicks so it curved inwards, it also lengthened your kicking distance. if you put full draw on your kick and full power and got it right, you could score penalties from 80m out.

i hated the rucks in this game, not because they were perfectly formed scrums but mainly because even when you had the forward momentum and the support, the opposition would still turn the ball over even though i was hammering the keys that you're supposed to. 1 or two of their players could ruck against 5 of mine and they'd still get the ball

at least the graphics we're better than rugby 2004... major anti climax

i think they spent a lot of time and effort on improving gameplay that they had no time to improve the graphics. they were working to a strict RWC2003 deadline.

there's a big jump in gameplay from 2001-2004 and a big jump in graphics from 2004-2005

do you think they sell more by customising the front depending on the country ie. ea rugby 2005 had roko in the nz version and george smith in the aus version?

R u kidding, 2004 was a major step backwards in both graphics and gameplay especially. 2004 is the worst rugby game ever.

???? sure the graphics sucked in 2004....

but rucks actually looked like rucks, not scrums, place kicking had a lot more detail and realism, a drop kick started each half. more stadiums, more teams inc super 12 and european.

... all the players did look like babies though

apparently rugby 2004 unlocked "historic matches" if you completed things in all 3 difficulties ie. beat british isles by 14 points. did anyone ever unlock these? what kind of historic matches could you play?

either way the game is 2-3 years old and has been replaced by much better ea rugby games

the original Rugby for PS2 was the only reason I bought a PS2. still my fav game of all time. Set moves were actually free flowing and you had to be under total control the whole time. I remember playing that game so hard I lost feeling in my thumbs for two days.

I'd love to play that game again. I had a great time with it.

Laugh. My. f***ing. Arse. Off. @ InsaneAsylum. Ru*by 2*04 was absolute ****. Absolute..... ****....

I had so much fun with Rugby 2001.It was far from realistic (hell, Ben Cohen scored a try in that video for f***s sake) but it was hella fun...

Rugby 2004 was even less realistic, and it was hella make-you-want-to-slam-your-head-in-a-sliding-door-whilst-being-castrated.....

oi dont get to harsh it wasnt that bad i played 2004 for a while.

BTW wots up with ur weird wrighting Karftka?

Originally posted by jinxed_nz@Jul 24 2006, 06:17 PM
oi dont get to harsh it wasnt that bad i played 2004 for a while.

BTW wots up with ur weird wrighting Karftka?
maybe he snorted cocaine before making the post :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jul 24 2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, right over you did before making your R2004 post. :D
don't tell anyone, but we had a "session", then logged on to the internet :p

Originally posted by InsaneAsylum+Jul 24 2006, 11:03 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Jul 24 2006, 10:55 PM
Yeah, right over you did before making your R2004 post. :D
don't tell anyone, but we had a "session", then logged on to the internet :p [/b]
Just the once.... Never doing it again.

iivr got tyhe shhakess.....

I found a box of old PC games under my bed yesterday, and both Rugby 01 and 04 were there. I might just play them later....

Originally posted by InsaneAsylum@Jul 18 2006, 03:37 PM
???? sure the graphics sucked in 2004....

but rucks actually looked like rucks, not scrums, place kicking had a lot more detail and realism, a drop kick started each half. more stadiums, more teams inc super 12 and european.

... all the players did look like babies though

apparently rugby 2004 unlocked "historic matches" if you completed things in all 3 difficulties ie. beat british isles by 14 points. did anyone ever unlock these? what kind of historic matches could you play?

either way the game is 2-3 years old and has been replaced by much better ea rugby games
Absolutely, the graphics sucked in 2004..... and so did the physics!

Yes 2004's rucks looked like rucks, but 2001 was far beter in terms of a system. Apart from Lomu - that has got to be the best ruck system to date. Also 100 years ago, rucks did look a lot like scrums (a bit of history). I seriously question your next point: firstly you couldn't hook a kick in '04, next the kicking stats really didn't affect the kick as the only thing the metre was used for was power. '01 had a much better system. Clearly, you also don't know that up until 2002 a place kick started each half. And finally what is the point in having more teams, more stadiums, etc when the gameplay is complete and utter shite?? Also money was another problem for Creative Assembly (the creators or World Cup 95 and Rugby 2001).

I assume your babies comment is refering to '04, so I'd have to agree with you there.

Yes, you were meant to unlock some teams and classic matches, but I don't think anyone ever did. I completed the entire set of User Challenges on all difficulties (painfully), and unlocked nothing. I think this was more a rumour that spread from the shoddy cheat websites, where people just made an assumption, that, that was why the Challenges were there.

Either way the game is 2-3 years old now and far better games have been created since, but that certainly wasn't a difficult task. Then again people still play JLR and 2001 don't they?? So time doesn't always destroy a game.............

I'll leave it at that.

wow, food for thought!! i can't really remember a place kick starting a half... i have an old reds vs. waratahs game on tape i'll dig out and watch. not trying to prove you wrong, i'm just interested in finding out for myself. it's from 1996... first super 12 season, no lifting etc.

babies comment was referring to 2004 and i swear you could hook the ball??? can't be assed installing the game again as i have 06, and yeah you're right rugby 2004 belongs in a museum or in the bin.

thanks for clarifying the historic match thing.

That's fine...... I like being of critical of shite games and people's lack of knowledge at the same time!!! :D

Also, it certainly doesn't belong in a museum.... that's where JLR and Rugby 2001 should be!! Yes to the bin - the bargain bin!!

I did some of the NH player and team ratings for Rugby 2004 (no I have nothing to do with HB, I just replied to a request on their website), and in the list of teams I was asked to create were several classic teams.

I suspect this is where the rumour of them being in the game stems from - but there is certainly no evidence of anyone actually unlocking them in the game.

Latest posts