• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How long will the All Blacks remain all black? What the hell?

I'm really not that intense, or defensive. And I am not stressed at all. I think I said at the time I don't even like SBW that much so I definitely don't have anything against you on that matter by the way.

I get that your comment was a throwaway type comment, and I shouldn't have bitten on it. Just something that annoys me, like if you had said for example "john key is selling the country's assets" I would be similarly annoyed, seems to be a popular thing people have seen or heard a few times and like to repeat. Anyway, this isn't really the place for a debate on finance/insurance companies so I'll let it be.
fFair enough and honest mistake on my part.

No I agree, and tbh I don't really have a strong opinion on it otherwise. I've simply just looked up and listened to a few testimonials from those that were in the industry here and there.

Classic case of "hard to convey tone" on the internet right there. And sorry for any misunderstandings! :)

Not really in the middle...

View attachment 1835

Okay, Maybe just the training jersey's then?
images

But the new jersey doesn't look that bad?
images

They should get rid of the Allblacks branding on the shirt. We know they are Allblack ffs. I'd rather people call them NZ, than a brand.

I understand people having objections with it being AIG, but I think that sponsoring, if done the right way, can be trialed.
What I would do is: get a sponsor on a short term contract (, with money being targeted to a very specific, short term purpose. For instance, stadia rebuilding in the Christchurch area (I don't know if that's been done yet, just an example). Evaluate how the fans feel about it, and if it is a financially sound option (jersey sales may drop by more than expected). Done this way you get funding for a good project, it can be evaluated on-field without its revenues becoming part of the operating cash flow making it a fully reversible thing. If the NZRU and, most importantly, the people of NZ, think that having a logo on the jersey is worth what that cash can don then you can go on with it.

They could be sponsored by Berex sheep condoms no one will give a crap as long as they are performing. NZ Rugby union cashing in on a successful brand like everyone else.

Latest posts