Status
Not open for further replies.

Basco

Academy Player
Country Flag
Denmark
Club or Nation
Denmark
I was just looking at the impressive member list and found a lot of users are fake. Take these ones for example:
Milkyway99
Biography:
best deals Skagway Alaska Best Discount Tours | 201 2nd, Skagway, AK 99840 (907) 983-3900

Malaysing
Signature:
If you’re in search for the perfect place to enjoy Malaysian and Thai cuisine in New Jersey, stop in and see us at Penang Cuisine today.

Marianevia
Biography:
You will then make a single monthly payment to your debt management plan each month and leave the rest to us. NDC are licensed to give debt advice and run debt management programmes, so for more information on debt management plans call free now on 0800 121 4733, or submit your details using the form on this website.

Hereramarlen
Biography:
In this fun and interactive program, you can assess where you are as a couple on the key dimensions of a happy long term relationship, and work through these over 9 weeks* in our fun and interactive on-line program, culminating in a final assessment to see how successful you have been, and how well your relationship has developed.

These took 2 minutes to find and they are obviously fake accounts. Why aren't you deleting them?

Spambots are all banned as soon as they're seen, but many register and don't post - it'd be a huge undertaking to vet every new member or go through every registered member and delete all the dormant Spambots.

I have various multi's, I'd be surprised if there were actually more than 2 or 3 other posters on here.

I actually tried one some time ago, posted a few messages with him but never really persisted...got bored pretty fast :p

Why would I bother? Is a more pertinent question if they haven't actually posted. You are likely the first and last person to ever stumble over most of those accounts.

There have been some funny sock puppet accounts. It's incredibly easy to find them.

when i was trying to find the rules the other week there was a whole load of stuff about some guy called Los Lovers or something sending death threats and what not, and using IP masking - what all that about?

Or before every ones time?

This reminds me, I'd better log in as Dullonien again before the TRFies roll around again...

I'm pretty certain most active users on this site would fail the turing test.

Spambots are all banned as soon as they're seen, but many register and don't post - it'd be a huge undertaking to vet every new member or go through every registered member and delete all the dormant Spambots.

Another forum I am a member of routinely (and regularly) deletes all accounts that register and do not make a first post within a specified period of time (in this case 6 months).

I am fake my name is not Tigs Man, I don't live at Castle Black.

My real name is Ned Stark and I live in Winterfell, but don't tell the lannisters I am still alive.

Very few people actually realise that Cmac95 is my alt account. I would have thought it was obvious.

Another forum I am a member of routinely (and regularly) deletes all accounts that register and do not make a first post within a specified period of time (in this case 6 months).

Which is a recommendation I might make.

These took 2 minutes to find and they are obviously fake accounts. Why aren't you deleting them?

It is simply impossible to catch every spambot and fake account. Impossible. We had a lot of problems about three years ago and a lot used to slip through the net despite our best attempts. We're now on top of it but some have slipped through and more will slip through in the future. Regrettably, that's a fact. None of us have the time to sit around and winkle out these accounts. We see them, they pull them, but more often than not they have just registered and never posted.

The whole process of dealing with spambots is a pain but unfortunately they get through - we can slow their march but the day they can be stopped completely will be a great day.

A spambot murdered my wife and kids and it's your fault!
That is just about the only scenario where a spambot would actually bother me enough to complain.

A spambot murdered my wife and kids and it's your fault!
That is just about the only scenario where a spambot would actually bother me enough to complain.

Although you might not be too happy with a forum that was so overrun with spambots trying to register that they start to affect it performance.

ActiveUsrs.png

Note the arrowed figure above ... 160 Guests. These are a number of things, including TRF membrs logging in, or having just logged out and who still have a browser open at the site, as well as "genuine" web crawlers and bots such as Binbgbot, Majestic12 and Googlebot etc, but a significant proportion of those guests are spambots trying to register, and usually failing at the random question. If that number gets up in the tens of thousands, then the forum admins could have a serious problem on their hands.

how to solve a problem, any new guests or potential forumers they have to answer one question ........
What is the name of Francois Trinh-Duc's dog???? incorrect answer no forum entry that should solve any future problems....... for security reasons i am not allowed to give the correct answer or Fouais will have to kill me!!!!!!!

how to solve a problem, any new guests or potential forumers they have to answer one question ........
What is the name of Francois Trinh-Duc's dog???? incorrect answer no forum entry that should solve any future problems....... for security reasons i am not allowed to give the correct answer or Fouais will have to kill me!!!!!!!

If I was French I would call my dog Chabal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts