• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How many users are fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I browse the board using a proxy as the uni's internet is a pain in the bum and it's blocking a lot of pages:

@ TRF_LittleGuy
sounds like you need to harden up a little :D

Actually, no hardening up is required. I want a full explanation regarding this as this sounds like multiple accounts to me - and if multiple accounts are sending messages saying "join this and that forum" then that's insta ban territory.

So, explain away if you'd be so kind.

One discussion forum I'm on doesn't allow any registrations from 'free' e-mail accounts (like hotmail, outlook, yahoo, google, etc), they only permit registrations that are connected to a paid e-mail account (the e-mail associate with your internet provider). This doesn't work, however, if people only access the net through the library, or other means which do not require having a paid internet provider. I will say that it works very well for the site, but most users are in the States and Canada, not sure how something like that would work for international user

das

I'm a Canadian user and it would not work for me at all. I have an email through my isp but don't think that I have ever used it. I can't even remember what it is off the top of my head. I use gmail because it stays with me no matter what isp i am currently subscribed to.

Mixed marriage?

Really must just stop there now!!

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Really must just stop there now!!

I browse the board using a proxy as the uni's internet is a pain in the bum and it's blocking a lot of pages:

@ TRF_LittleGuy
sounds like you need to harden up a little :D

I was going to give you a chance to explain yourself, but you gave yourself away yet again last night by spamming advertising for other forums. Other forums exist and competition is good but at least have the modicum of decency to respect this forum. I'm not stupid, I have run TRF for 10 years. I know full well what goes on.

So, as advertising other forums has gone on, on top of multiple accounts and then topping it all off by attempting to embarrass the forum's reputation by making claims about the membership numbers then the solution is simple:

e9bbed5e4888b86d45f0bcf6146ce96b.gif

And the same will go for anyone else with multiple accounts that spams advertising for other forums or anything not permitted by TRF.

MY name is Inigo Montoya.
Spambots killed my father.
Prepare to die!
(oh, and I'm not here either)

I have photographic proof that cmac95 and groundhog are the same person. The picture is being sent to trf draggs right now.

3 users called stuart_little turned 29 today, a bit dodgy me thinks

im sure that you modders can detect people with the same ip address right ? so to tell if some is made a second account or a fake one you would be able to detect it right

im sure that you modders can detect people with the same ip address right ? so to tell if some is made a second account or a fake one you would be able to detect it right

yes. Unfortunately, oh so unfortunately, they can. They're like Big Brother, only not related to you and relatively medium in size. Or like the Eye that sees everything in Lord of the Flies (..)...

Yes.

Yes, I knew very early on that it was you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts