• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How much did Graham Henry help Pumas to improve game?

rgman

Academy Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
I know he´s a hero, a legend, the owner of the rugby´s secrets, bla bla bla... but tell me the true, did he really help "new guys" in RC? Can you share with me what part of Pumas´s attack he made better? Please, make me say (by good arguments) "sorry Sir G.H., and thank you very much" <_<

Henry has insights to how the All Blacks operate and has a fairly good idea on how other teams play also. He would've offered to the Pumas coaching staff some perspective.

The Pumas are a good side with or without any assistance from Henry.

The only ones who can really answer your question is the Pumas and Pumas coaching staff and perhaps a Pumas purist.

Thanks Sam for your answer, may be u´re right. Here the media said that GH wanted Pumas to "play more with kick" mmmm and that´s all I know about the old man´s job w/Arg

Well it's hard to say, isn't it? I'm not quite sure on the particulars of Henry's role and exactly how much say he has had. I think it would be hard for Henry to make huge changes in a short space of time. I think the Argentinian coaches will learn more from Henry than the players.
'

I heard talk that Henry went to have a beer with the All Blacks after the game and he basically got the silent treatment which was a very strange position to be in. he may have even been told he was not welcome?

I hope it's not true. I think the media storm that has been kicked up is way out of proportion (as normal).

Hi William, I appreciate you comment and yes, it´s hard to say it. Perhaps the old nz hero is overrated in his part time job with Los Pumas.

Hey Larksea, may be the old man chose a bad time to approach his former warriors... ;)

Last edited:
I heard talk that Henry went to have a beer with the All Blacks after the game and he basically got the silent treatment which was a very strange position to be in. he may have even been told he was not welcome?

I hope it's not true. I think the media storm that has been kicked up is way out of proportion (as normal).

Its not true. I have that from a very good source who is in a position to know, and who has always been reliable in the past.

That news story is one of those made-up pieces created when journalists interview their laptops on a slow news day. The particular journalist who started this is in no position to speak about national loyalties, when his son is playing for a national team of another country!!!

I think is very soon to talk about any result of Graham Henry in the Pumas, maybe in a couple of years we´ll see some achievements...

It's impossible to tell what impact Henry has had. As far as I know his role was to coach Argentinian coaches, not to coach the Pumas.