• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to get into pro rugby?

Agreed with the form over weight. It's much better to use a lower weight and have a proper form than to push for a higher weight and use improper form (which basically entails using another muscle or group of muscles to help lift the weight, that you are not intending to work out with the particular lift that you are doing).

In the end it is rather pointless, because if you can get extra weight with improper form, it's because another muscle (or group of muscles) is carrying that extra weight, and you're doing the intended muscle (or group of muscles) no good.

The only thing I did was wrong was lock my left arm in an odd position but It still counts according to my dad as I got it up to the right height.

The only thing I did was wrong was lock my left arm in an odd position but It still counts according to my dad as I got it up to the right height.

I could get a 50kg bicep curl up to the 'right height' if i swung my shoulder with it and rode the momentum. It wouldn't work my bicep much however..

The problem 99% of guys going to the gym have is that they don't want to look like a ***** (every second guy seems to stack a million kgs on a legpress machine to feel strong). Everyone has to start from the bottom at some stage, you can't leapfrog up to the same level as rest of the arnies in the gym the first week..

Form first. thats the main thing.

Yeah I remember doing 230 on the leg press when I was 13 thinking I was a beast. Same usually goes with the bench press people often seem to think their amazing at it but stay about 3 inches above their chest the difference wgen you actually touch it is amazing.

For a new gym goer, it's pretty important for them to know that it's not a competition in there and you don't need to show off. I always see kids come into my gym and grab some dumbbells, say 18kg ones, then end up returning them a minute later. I started with 7.5kg dumbbells, not that my routine is all bicep curls haha

There's ban on bicep curls within or team just beach boy muscles.

Nothing wrong with curls if you do the right amount amongst other lifts. I mainly do compound lifts personally.

This isn't an attack or anything I'm honestly wondering does your dad have any qualifications regarding gym work?

This isn't an attack or anything I'm honestly wondering does your dad have any qualifications regarding gym work?

He first started weight lifting at 18, which is 30 years ago and hasnt stopped since, he worked at a local gym for 5 years and a (running) coach thing (he's done 7 marathons). So i guess you could say he's qualified

It actually annoys me when people do the bicep curls with 30kg whilst swinging their shoulder. I feel like going over there and bashing in their cranium with the weight they are using.

It actually annoys me when people do the bicep curls with 30kg whilst swinging their shoulder. I feel like going over there and bashing in their cranium with the weight they are using.

Yeah that annoys me too. The other day I saw a guy doing that as well as having a mate spot him at the same time. He is the same guy that uses a belt to 4 inch squat 80kg.

If he's cheating to do 80 kg would love to see him do his proper max weight. Pathetic

Not accusing anyone of doing it, but on the note of cheating on weights, another thing that annoys me is when people overkill themselves on cardio. When I was playing soccer at a pretty good level I would run on my own, but realized that the point of it was to give me a good workout and keep my stamina up. I didn't time myself or push very hard or anything.

Then one of my teammates came to a game bragging about how she had done 5km in such a short amount of time, and played like she was dead tired for the entire match (which she was).

I love when guys who have spent time in the gym think that is a good Idea to run straight into a rather average sized winger like myself ...queue an upending.

Latest posts