• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

How to get into pro rugby?

It's not annoying if someone's using the wrong form, its bad but... luckely you are there to correct them! IF they then ignore your advice and continue being an ass.... Thats annoying!

Same usually goes with the bench press people often seem to think their amazing at it but stay about 3 inches above their chest the difference wgen you actually touch it is amazing.

Depends how far they go down. Some people have problems going down to the chest all the way as it's stressfull on your shoulder, going down 90 degrees with your arms is the safest way to benchpress (I don't do it that way as I don't like it) as your shoulder doesn't get strained much. You will often see bodybuilders benchpressing this way as it is safe and still works the chest very wel.

In the end it is rather pointless, because if you can get extra weight with improper form, it's because another muscle (or group of muscles) is carrying that extra weight, and you're doing the intended muscle (or group of muscles) no good.

Not completely true, using more weight than u can and performing a negative rep lets you first of all get used to the weight and second of all more weight means more pressure on your muscles which means more tears in your muscle fibers equalling muscle growth. Correct form is the most important thing whilest training but going over the edge now and then isn't a bad thing and can be very good for musclegrowth, but this is not advised to a novice as they should just learn how to perform and feel the exercise and muscles.

My weekly plan is:

Monday: SL 5x5, School rugby training
Tuesday:Rest/Archery
Wednesday:Nuneaton RFC training
Thursday: SL 5x5
Friday:Rest
Saturday: SL 5x5
Sunday: Rest

Would it be advisable to do about 1/2 hour of Interval training/Polymetrics on Sunday or Wednesday?

I'd probably do them on the Friday, looking at that schedule
Gives you all of Sunday off in preparation for the rugby training the next day/to heal up after the week

I forgot that on sunday I might have a match, so yeah Friday is probably best

Make sure you have a whole day off a week, though, so if you have a game on the Sunday then don't do the extra work on the Friday

Got a school match next week, last time we lost to em by one try and now I've got our team all fired up and were gonna make em hurt real bad, Is there any advice you can give us as a fairly inexperienced team (with a few advanced members) to beat a really physical team with strong forwards and decent (but worse than us) backs?

Make sure you have a whole day off a week, though, so if you have a game on the Sunday then don't do the extra work on the Friday

I've got one on Tuesday, Archery isn't exactly a tiring sport.

Got a school match next week, last time we lost to em by one try and now I've got our team all fired up and were gonna make em hurt real bad, Is there any advice you can give us as a fairly inexperienced team (with a few advanced members) to beat a really physical team with strong forwards and decent (but worse than us) backs?

Infact I might make a new thread.

Score more points than the other team and you will win. That's probably my best advice. Good luck mate.

Just found out that there is two types of lock the more technical one that does the jumps and the enforcer that hurts people, does the enforcer have to jump because I do like the sound of it?

Courtney Lawes doesn't jump too much and would be a world class player if he wasn't such a thug and got cited after every three games or so, you should try do both, scouts will probably look for the best built and best all round players. (I am not certain of this)

Courtney Lawes doesn't jump too much and would be a world class player if he wasn't such a thug and got cited after every three games or so, you should try do both, scouts will probably look for the best built and best all round players. (I am not certain of this)

You are aware he's never thrown a pinch or been binned for a single aggressive act? Stuff like the WC ban was farcical while it always is technical/team binnings otherwise.

It's one thing to be a hard (but a bit clumsy) player, it's another to tar him with the same brush as ***** like Botha.

Meh I had a feeling that was coming, he is an overly aggressive player who throws his weight around like nobodies business, the late hits he puts in after kicks every time he plays are all deserving of yellow or red cards. He's not as bad as D Armitage at least he tries to injure people 'almost' legally, but still in my opinion goes out trying to injure other players which is just pathetic.

When I said hurting people I didn't actually mean on purpose or with malicious intent just so you know!

Usually they will jump a bit mainly at 2. Brad Thorn is probably the foremost "enforcer" in the world. Also in your match I'm guessing when you say bigger there will be a few fattys keep the ball moving and play a quick rucking game if your able.

Usually they will jump a bit mainly at 2. Brad Thorn is probably the foremost "enforcer" in the world. Also in your match I'm guessing when you say bigger there will be a few fattys keep the ball moving and play a quick rucking game if your able.

No that would be big Bakkies Botha and yes he does jump very well in the line out as did Martin Johnson, Wade Dooly and most other enforcers

Latest posts