• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Huget stamp, deliberate or not?

No, he stamps down that hard as he's trying to run and has his weight pulled back by his other leg, it was a running strife that gets tracked from under him./QUOTE]

This could just become endless he-said-she-said but I just don't see the direction and force of that leg movement as consistent with anything but stamping, myself.

When people trip they don't glide to the floor they tend to come down hard.

No, they come down hard forwards onto their face or hands. I don't see what that has to do with this incident

He clearly does as he pulls it free as he falls over then looks back.

So I guess we can discount the rest of your opinion as your clearly blind.

Really man, was that necessary? There was nothing inflammatory about that post..

I like Huget, one of the few consistently good French back three players. But that looked like a very dirty and deliberate stamp to me.

His hands were near his head before getting up - so it's not like there wasn't any bearing pf where the other guys head was. His leg came down very fast and streight- and I think the argument he was looking to run to the ruck is a little light considering it had already basically formed. What most gets me is the amount of time he keeps the weight on the stomped foot. Re-watching it, it looked like he stomped, stood with one foot on his head for a delayed time - and then 'fell over' quite comically to make it look more accidental. I think it's a pretty clear cut stamp - very strange it didn't result in a serious ban.

No, he stamps down that hard as he's trying to run and has his weight pulled back by his other leg, it was a running strife that gets tracked from under him./QUOTE]

This could just become endless he-said-she-said but I just don't see the direction and force of that leg movement as consistent with anything but stamping, myself.

No, they come down hard forwards onto their face or hands. I don't see what that has to do with this incident

It has everything to do with it.

It's a matter of physics. Weight coming down will generate more force when the support is removed.

If you accept he has got has a hold of his leg you have to accept he cannot have control over his balance.

Huget should definitely be cited for that.
He's not exactly covered himself in glory in the past so it's not beyond the realm or comprehension that he's done it on purpose.

sure. He is on one yellow in last 5 seasons. What a thug. His discipline record is largely in his favour.

Last edited:
It has everything to do with it.

It's a matter of physics. Weight coming down will generate more force when the support is removed.

He's running, not walking

If you accept he has got has a hold of his leg you have to accept he cannot have control over his balance.

I do accept that that means he doesn't have full control, but that doesn't mean I have to accept that the angle and force of the leg coming down is consistent with trying to run.

Last edited:
Really man, was that necessary? There was nothing inflammatory about that post..

The guy spent all of last week trolling anyone English, he gets the disdain he deserves...

I like Huget, one of the few consistently good French back three players. But that looked like a very dirty and deliberate stamp to me.

His hands were near his head before getting up - so it's not like there wasn't any bearing pf where the other guys head was. His leg came down very fast and streight- and I think the argument he was looking to run to the ruck is a little light considering it had already basically formed. What most gets me is the amount of time he keeps the weight on the stomped foot. Re-watching it, it looked like he stomped, stood with one foot on his head for a delayed time - and then 'fell over' quite comically to make it look more accidental. I think it's a pretty clear cut stamp - very strange it didn't result in a serious ban.

I don't agree.

The guy spent all of last week trolling anyone English, he gets the disdain he deserves...

I don't agree.

Then don't whinge when others treat you how they feel you deserve to be treated.

We either all play nicely and be respectful - or we can all be petty and derail threads and make this an unpleasant place to post.

Fair enough on you disagreeing...

Then don't whinge when others treat you how they feel you deserve to be treated.

We either all play nicely and be respectful - or we can all be petty and derail threads and make this an unpleasant place to post.

Fair enough on you disagreeing...

Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?

The force and motion he brought that foot down with makes it look like deliberate stamp to me. Either way, it could have ended badly for the guy on the ground.

I think he lost self-control for a split second ala Dylan. He meant to stamp, but probably not on the player's face and when he immediately realised he had made contact with the player's face/head, he was immediately sorry for doing so and went to see if the player was alright, but that still doesn't excuse the his initial act of stamping. It was reckless at best; I can't see how anyone can say it was accidental.

I think he lost self-control for a split second ala Dylan. He meant to stamp, but probably not on the player's face and when he immediately realised he had made contact with the player's face/head, he was immediately sorry for doing so and went to see if the player was alright, but that still doesn't excuse the his initial act of stamping. It was reckless at best; I can't see how anyone can say it was accidental.

I completely disagree with all of that.

I completely agree with all of that.

To be fair i agree too - he lashed out because he was held off the ball. Didn't mean to stamp on the face, but he did - should be cited for it. That scottish flyhalf didn't mean to tip up the welsh guy (finn Russell? Dan biggar?) but he got cited and banned because it did happen.

To be fair i agree too - he lashed out because he was held off the ball. Didn't mean to stamp on the face, but he did - should be cited for it. That scottish flyhalf didn't mean to tip up the welsh guy (finn Russell? Dan biggar?) but he got cited and banned because it did happen.

Difference being, IMHO, that Russell is in complete control of his own destiny Huget is being interfered with (ooooh eeerr!).

Look I understand and can accept people think differently, but certain things are factual... And he is being held as he stands up, which will impact on his ability to stride away.

Got to agree that it was accidental. When you're falling over your instinct isn't to use your correcting leg slowly, you damn well throw it down as fast as possible. As much as I don't like him for a number of incidents, I think a substantial ban for stamping on the head would be unjustified.

Possible argument for reckless use of the boot (should have stepped to the side as opposed to over the head) but tenuous.

I honestly can't see why there's such a big fuss about this "stamp" and that on a Saffa. In fact, I see I'm the first Saffa to comment on this issue. We didn't jump at the chance to insult Huget and call it a malicious act.

I have to agree with Smartcooky here, I think it's reckless more than anything else. Are there any other footage other than that poor quality video from the the original post?

It looked to me more like he tried to jump, like when someone holds on to your foot and you try to get away. He still has to be cited though, as it was reckless and dangerous as his boot went into Marais' face, which is a danger area.

How about we respect everyone's opinion, and have a more constructive debate. Why must every damn thread spiral into a mud-slinging/******* contest. Come on Gentlemen and Ladies, we are better than that. We are not footballers!! we are Rugbylovers!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts