• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Huget stamp, deliberate or not?

To be fair i agree too - he lashed out because he was held off the ball. Didn't mean to stamp on the face, but he did - should be cited for it. That scottish flyhalf didn't mean to tip up the welsh guy (finn Russell? Dan biggar?) but he got cited and banned because it did happen.

Exactly Olyy. Whether it was intentional or not doesn't mean that things like this shouldn't be looked at all by citing commissioners. Most spear tackles are unintentional and have no malice, or contact in the air etc. It's penalised for being recklessly dangerous and unsafe play. I could accept O'Connell not intentionally hacking Kearney's head, I couldn't accept it not being banned at all for not being reckless and dangerous play for instance. That was a case that was ridiculously ignored just because he said he didn't mean it.

Exactly Olyy. Whether it was intentional or not doesn't mean that things like this shouldn't be looked at all by citing commissioners. Most spear tackles are unintentional and have no malice, or contact in the air etc. It's penalised for being recklessly dangerous and unsafe play. I could accept O'Connell not intentionally hacking Kearney's head, I couldn't accept it not being banned at all for not being reckless and dangerous play for instance. That was a case that was ridiculously ignored just because he said he didn't mean it.

I get what you're saying but in my own opinion (and it is just an opinion) he was put in that position by being held. He would have cleared the guy, but was held back so moved to stabilise himself, resulting in what we saw. Should have been cited though just to clear the air.

I get what you're saying but in my own opinion (and it is just an opinion) he was put in that position by being held. He would have cleared the guy, but was held back so moved to stabilise himself, resulting in what we saw. Should have been cited though just to clear the air.

I wouldn't be upset with a citing, but I believe he would have been vindicated.

I have done nothing but respond to someone criticising me, if you can show me where I have attacked someone first.

So I guess we can discount the rest of your opinion as your clearly blind.

...Nick was only saying it was uncalled for.

Anyways, I still don't think that video has my mind personally. I still think that regardless of whether his foot was held, the force and body language is only consistent with someone deliberately stamping very hard. Kind of like a follow through. He was not off balance enough to warrant the need for the force he used. Although, as i said before, I think it was just a moment of rage and he gains more respect for immediately checking on the victim and essentially drawing attention to it. Although that could also have been an attempt to play it off as accidental.

In the end i'd say it was intentional, but immediately regretted.

I guess only Huget knows though.

Last edited:
Could we please keep this on topic please.
No personal attacks. Grand, cheers, brill, top, excellent, mint.

I think a ban should be coming his way. Not a long one, but it was reckless and deserves a punishment.

I think a ban should be coming his way. Not a long one, but it was reckless and deserves a punishment.

It would be justice for me, and the fact that it is being reviewed despite this '48 hour deadline' I've seen people mention is refreshing, as turning a blind eye to incidents like this can set a bad precedent.

Last edited:
It would be justice for me, and the fact that it is being reviewed despite this '48 hour deadline' I've see. People mention, is refreshing as Turing a blind eye to incidents like this can set a bad precedent.

sooooooooooooooooooooo, can you still not see the guys hand pulling Hugets leg the whole way through?

**Edit: lol! it's all gone silent. :D

Last edited:
sooooooooooooooooooooo, can you still not see the guys hand pulling Hugets leg the whole way through?

**Edit: lol! it's all gone silent. :D

How about you read, analyse and dispute each point I made in the comment I made before so I'm not repeating myself. Or are you going to ignore it and just call me blind again?
Here it is -

...Nick was only saying it was uncalled for.

Anyways, I still don't think that video has my mind personally. I still think that regardless of whether his foot was held, the force and body language is only consistent with someone deliberately stamping very hard. Kind of like a follow through. He was not off balance enough to warrant the need for the force he used. Although, as i said before, I think it was just a moment of rage and he gains more respect for immediately checking on the victim and essentially drawing attention to it. Although that could also have been an attempt to play it off as accidental.

In the end i'd say it was intentional, but immediately regretted.

I guess only Huget knows though.

You can see during the video that when he stamped on the opposition player's head, his foot was planted on the ground. All he had to do was step forward, but instead he stood slightly backwards. He only loses balance after the stamp when he jerks his right foot away and the other player then grabs his foot harder. If he had his hand on his foot, which i admit he probably did, Huget had no problem initially lifting the foot which indicates that he was not being held in position - thus why he had complete balance. Basically, it is clear to me that if his foot was being held, there was little to no pressure until he stamped the other player.

Edit - Nobody replies to you for 7 minutes and you declare that it has 'gone all silent'. Amusing

Last edited:
How about you read, analyse and dispute each point I made in the comment I made before so I'm not repeating myself. Or are you going to ignore it and just call me blind again?
Here it is -

I read what you wrote:

He didn't have his right leg held, it was next to the other player and he stamped far too hard for a man with or without balance.

which is clearly wrong, as was you're second post telling me my analysis was rubbish because he clearly wasn't held, but that was removed by olly when he cleaned up.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit - Nobody replies to you for 7 minutes and you declare that it has 'gone all silent'. Amusing

The video has been there since yesterday. I guess you couldn't see it being blind and all that ;)

- - - Updated - - -

You can see during the video that when he stamped on the opposition player's head, his foot was planted on the ground. All he had to do was step forward, but instead he stood slightly backwards. He only loses balance after the stamp when he jerks his right foot away and the other player then grabs his foot harder. If he had his hand on his foot, which i admit he probably did, Huget had no problem initially lifting the foot which indicates that he was not being held in position - thus why he had complete balance. Basically, it is clear to me that if his foot was being held, there was little to no pressure until he stamped the other player.

You really don't understand this running lark do you?

Anyway, thanks for admitting you're wrong the rest we can just disagree on...

Oh okay, you win. Well done! Congrats on your amazing riposte. They will write songs about this great victory and your wonderfully insightful analysis, and they shall do it with the full breath of sarcasm that this post contains.

All hail the Godnumber10!

Last edited:
Oh okay, you win. Well done! Congrats on your amazing riposte. They will write songs about this great victory and your wonderfully insightful analysis, and they shall do it with the full breath of sarcasm that this post contains.

All hail the Godnumber10!

58aa0062d626e7654eafcccca4c44186.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK9n2tjvxB8

A new link with the incident on repeat. I can't look at that and think it is anything but deliberate, he is still rising and stamps his foot down before he "trips". Also who has tripped and stamped their foot down like that? I'm convinced now it was intentional. Disagree? Play the video at 1/4 speed and you will see Huget is in the process of stamping before he even attempts to bring his back foot forward and trips. He has completed the stamp before going off balance.

Last edited:

A new link with the incident on repeat. I can't look at that and think it is anything but deliberate, he is still rising and stamps his foot down before he "trips". Also who has tripped and stamped their foot down like that? I'm convinced now it was intentional. Disagree? Play the video at 1/4 speed and you will see Huget is in the process of stamping before he even attempts to bring his back foot forward and trips. He has completed the stamp before going off balance.

I agree. It's exactly what I thought too

that's the same video just enlarged... As i said in the video for Jbobo above the guy has his foot/leg. He's literally in a sprinting position as he gets up (think sprinters blocks) and for that to happen his ankle has to be able to bend which it clearly can't as it's being held, he also has to lift his left leg up and over the guys other arm which also throws him off balance further.

Additionally look at where he is looking as he starts to get up, it's ahead, yes he's looking down at impact but then after he falls over he looks on the wrong side to see what made him trip over - note he looks left and then right to see what happened and goes back to him - he literally has no idea what just happened.

Also the speed it happens at, he goes from laying on the ground to into a sprinting start to stamping on someones head? It's too quick, he's looking up and in the same motion he looks down he makes impact.

It's just a clumsy accident due to the guy climbing out of the nest of bodies... see it all the time people trying to run from laying down are all over the place.

Additionally he's not a dirty player, so i just don't' buy it's a stamp. Like i said though just my opinion.

A player not having a dirty history doesn't mean they won't ever do dirty things. I could accept not meaning to stamp on his head but that looks like a deliberate stamp.

Latest posts