• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hurricanes v Brumbies

T

The TRUTH

Match of the Round

Both these teams come into this match pretty confident after close wins against tough opposition last week.

Injuries could decide the winner of this one...

The Hurricanes

Nili Latu comes into the team in place of Serge Lilo at openside flanker, who injured his left knee against the Blues.At hooker, Mahonri Schwalger replaces Tone Kopelani for his Hurricanes starting debut, in a straight swap off the bench, and Hayden Hopgood comes into the playing 22 as loose forward cover.

Hurricanes: 15 Cory Jane, 14 Hosea Gear, 13 Tana Umaga ©, 12 Tamati Ellison, 11 Ma'a Nonu, 10 Jimmy Gopperth, 9 Alby Mathewson, 8 Thomas Waldrom, 7 Serge Lilo, 6 Luke Andrews, 5 Bernie Upton, 4 Paul ***o, 3 Neemia Tialata, 2 Tone Kopelani, 1 John Schwalger
Replacements: 16 Mahonri Schwalger, 17 Tony Penn, 18 Bradley Mika, 19 Hayden Hopgood, 20 Chris Smylie, 21 David Smith, 22 Shannon Paku

Brumbies

The Brumbies will be without their captain Mortlock and vice captain Campbell for this match.Mortlock will miss Friday's match still suffering neck soreness and a bruised jaw, a result of a high tackle from Reds centre Lloyd Johansson, Campbell has also been rested to recover from a foot injury.

George Smith has been named captain

Brumbies team has not been named yet but i'd expect it to look something like this...

1.Henderson
2.Paul
3.Shepherdson
4.Wallace-Harrison
5.Chisolm
6.Salvi
7.Smith
8.Hoiles
9.Gregan
10.Larkham
11.Rathbone
12.Fairbanks
13.Ashley-Cooper
14.Gerrard
15.Huxley

bench: 16.S.Faingaa, 17.Maafu, 18.Stanford, 19.Tawake, 20.Phibbs, 21.Carraro, 22.Playford

Brumbies looking good for me, although Canes at home. Think I went Brumbies -12.

Truth,

Somehow your info is wrong, your Hurricanes lineup still has Lilo & Kopelani in the staring spots.

Anyway with the current form of Umaga & the Canes backline would be too much to handle for the Bumbies. I dont know why they still leave Smith on the bench when he is clearly the most exciting player....and why did they break up the Nonu / Umaga midfield partnetship??

Canes by 13.

canes are in hot form right and I think they can pull off a win. brumbies without some players and will find it hard to match the canes out wide. hurricanes by 12.

Truth,

Somehow your info is wrong, your Hurricanes lineup still has Lilo & Kopelani in the staring spots.
[/b]

Ta, it's those useless cnuts from Planet Rugby

Here's the real squad....

1 John Schwalger
2 Mahonri Schwalger
3 Neemia Tialata
4 Paul ***o
5 Bernie Upton
6 Luke Andrews
7 Nili Latu
8 Thomas Waldrom
9 Alby Mathewson
10 Jimmy Gopperth
11 David Smith
12 Ma’a Nonu
13 Tana Umaga (capt)
14 Hosea Gear
15 Cory Jane

Resrves:

16 Tone Kopelani
17 Anthony Perenise
18 Bradley Mika
19 Hayden Hopgood
20 Chris Smylie
21 Tamati Ellison
22 Shannon Paku

DAVID SMITH!!! DAVID SMITH!!! DAVID SMITH!!!..lol he hasnt scored a try yet and is real naive..thats ok though..while teams focus on shutting him down entirely..the likes of hosea gear and corey jane get to move about while umaga and nonu just do there thing!

Canes take it out in a close one in the 80th minute.
Final score was 11-10 to the Canes with big Thomas Waldrom dropping over the line after hooter.

Shitful game from both teams... Canes had more oppurtunities whilst the Brumbies only looked good for about 20 mins.

Injuries to Larkham and Umaga (both look to be to serious).

One thing that both teams can take away from that game is that if they thought they where bad... the ref was worse.

DAVID SMITH!!! DAVID SMITH!!! DAVID SMITH!!!..lol he hasnt scored a try yet and is real naive..thats ok though..while teams focus on shutting him down entirely..the likes of hosea gear and corey jane get to move about while umaga and nonu just do there thing!
[/b]
I met him randomly last year at a schools rugby tournament where he and other Auckland development players were helping out.....I had no idea who he was as he was unknown then....but when I said hi I could tell he was confident in his abilities cos he immediately said his name like he knew his name would be a star one day and he looked really confident in his speech and was not shy...almost forward he was in his mannerism...so of the guys I met that day I thought I better take note and remember his name.....

...though in fairness....I have not really seen him play that much. He kind of reminds me of Toeava.

Canes take it out in a close one in the 80th minute.
Final score was 11-10 to the Canes with big Thomas Waldrom dropping over the line after hooter.

Shitful game from both teams... Canes had more oppurtunities whilst the Brumbies only looked good for about 20 mins.

Injuries to Larkham and Umaga (both look to be to serious).

One thing that both teams can take away from that game is that if they thought they where bad... the ref was worse.
[/b]
Either they sucked or the defence this year is getting better and everyone is following the AB model.

I would probably say both teams were solid on defence.....they need the AB stars back in the mix to unlock these defences.

how so?....id say give the ab's 2 or 3 games to settle and we will see big change in the score margins...

they may say nothing bad about nz teams..i dont think the aussie teams have been spectacular and they have all wallabies available barring latham

Latest posts