• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hurricanes vs Western Force

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

canes win 29-5

but really tho...the force look really really good..they have good control but need more topline players in pivotol positions like fullback,fly half and second five

maybe the players they have now are those future prospects

one player that im really impressed with is digby ioane...man he demolished a few of those canes...he went through collins and popped his shoulder hahahaha and he bumped off faatau and masoe like they were little kids...awesome ball carrier and he works like a looseforward

very impressive tho effort from w-force

Their fullback was just fine onne of the stand out players. Lineout wasn't too bad either. Brook James just isn't the attacking 5/8. They shoud have kept Scott Dhama (sp) at 5/8. And their backline just kept dropping the ball, once they get a few games under their belt they will be a good team.

the game was on while i was at work, so i couldnt watch it,

but from the kiction, if you stand in a certian spot, you can see the tv from ages away, and i looked at it, just once quickly, and i saw a turnover, skip pass, line break, and a 80m try! couldnt belive my eyes.

That was one of the few excitements in the game. Most of it was watching the Force kick the ball into touch, win their lineout, get a penalty and again kick the ball into touch. The trend was broken when the Force knocked on but the Hurricanes would only find touch about 40m away.

yeah he should have started especially for my testrugyb team's sake. eaton got me 2 tries so i am happy. the game seemed to be dominated by the force but they kept kicking to touch and could not break through at all. the force no doubt will be better after another few games.

pity about conrad smith, anyone heard what it was?

i heard it was a broken ankle, maybe a shatter, but i heard that 15 minutes after it happened. lady i was with rang his dad lol but it was a bit early to dignose.

oh well

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 20 2006, 11:27 AM
pity about conrad smith, anyone heard what it was?

i heard it was a broken ankle, maybe a shatter, but i heard that 15 minutes after it happened. lady i was with rang his dad lol but it was a bit early to dignose.

oh well
I heard it was a broken tibia and fibula bone(very very serious injury)

looks like he could miss the rest of the season.

yeah thats what i heard too, (that he would be out a while no that he broke his leg) he was in serious contension with no umanga in the abs as well

EDIT
Homecoming heartache for Smith
20 February 2006 
By JIM KAYES

The sign at the southern end of Yarrow Stadium made for depressing reading.

"Welcome home Conrad," it declared to the lad who had attended the nearby Francis Douglas Memorial College in New Plymouth.

Six minutes into the Hurricanes' Super 14 match against the Western Force on Saturday night Conrad Smith's homecoming turned sour.

As he slipped the ball to fullback Isaia Toeava, with a sleight of hand that made him a strong contender to replace Tana Umaga in the All Blacks, Smith was tackled.

His feet became tangled and, with a horrifying snap that was heard by Hurricanes support staff on the sideline and a scream of pain, Smith broke two bones in his right leg.

A ***anium rod was inserted into the tibia at New Plymouth hospital yesterday; the fibula will heal without help. Smith is out of rugby for up to six months.

"He is very down," Hurricanes coach Colin Cooper said soon after visiting Smith, 24, in hospital yesterday.

"The best scenario is that he could be back for the NPC. The injury is a clean break and they (hospital staff) were quite optimistic he could be playing in the NPC.

"But it's a huge blow for us. I don't like losing my warriors."

Cooper is likely to call into his squad either Wellington fullback Cory Jane or Taranaki centre Lifeimi Mafi from the Hurricanes' wider training group.

Smith's injury is also a blow for the All Blacks as he and midfield partner Ma'a Nonu were the frontrunners to replace the retired Umaga.

All Blacks coach Graham Henry and selector Brian Lochore were at Yarrow Stadium and visited the Hurricanes' dressing room after the match.

Their ashen faces told the story. Nonu, 23, now looms as the most logical successor to Umaga, though Henry could switch fullback Mils Muliaina back to centre.

Elsewhere in the Super 14, Anthony Tuitavake seems the best of the rest with his efforts in the Blues' 25-13 loss to the Highlanders â€" one of the few silver linings for the Aucklanders in Dunedin on Friday night.

Casey Laulala has played for the All Blacks, but his defence is too weak, especially when he plays outside Aaron Mauger, as was shown in the Crusaders' 47-21 win against the Reds.

For the Hurricanes there is some good news, with former skipper Umaga expected to be fit to tackle the Cats in Wellington on Friday night. Umaga missed Saturday's match because of a calf/Achilles injury.

It will be a welcome return as the Hurricanes prepare to play all five South African teams in the next five weeks, with the Cheetahs, Stormers and Bulls met on the road.

The New Plymouth win keeps the Hurricanes top of the table after two rounds, behind the Crusaders only on points difference, while come-from-behind victories against the Bulls and Stormers have the Waratahs and Brumbies third and fourth, respectively.

The Chiefs' sorry safari is over, but they play the Western Force in Perth en route to Hamilton in a match that could prove to be for the wooden spoon.

[/b]

from stuff.co.nz

cricky

Yeah its a shame coz he would have replaced Umaga for sure..

I guess Nonu is really the only option now, maybe Rico would be a good option at outside centre
huh.gif
......i cant believe the AB's dont use him, hes by far NZ's best winger.....Roco and Dougie are shite IMO

yeah, they only use them cause they are fast (well rocco is, i dont like doug and think he is over rated)

rico i dont think would make a good centre though, i think he would be to weak at tackling.

I am not a fan of nonu at centre, but we dont really have a viable choice other than him. I think with the loss of umanga and smith we have lost alot of depth. which is sad.

will just have to wait and see what the rest of the season brings us aye

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Feb 20 2006, 01:47 PM

I guess Nonu is really the only option now, maybe Rico would be a good option at outside centre
huh.gif
......i cant believe the AB's dont use him, hes by far NZ's best winger.....Roco and Dougie are shite IMO
Your an idiot.

Thank You.

Originally posted by Ripper+Feb 20 2006, 02:39 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Feb 20 2006, 01:47 PM

huh.gif
Your an idiot.

Thank You. [/b]
I guess so... I mean they're carving for the blues :p .

Originally posted by Ripper+Feb 20 2006, 03:39 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Feb 20 2006, 01:47 PM

huh.gif
Your an idiot.

Thank You. [/b]
SPOON!!

thank you.

Latest posts