• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

June International Tests: New Zealand vs. Samoa (16/06/2017)

The player talent continues to improve as the officiating continues to wallow in incompetence. That was not a forward pass.

Just popped onto BBC to have a look at the score and it's 83-0! Not boding well for the Lions. I have this recorded to watch later and it looks like it will not bore me.

Well anyway, what a performance! Can't think of anyone who didn't play well.
The wingers both played really well which was possibly the most important thing coming into this game, so that was pleasing.
IMO though the best thing about this performance was that midfield combo... literally their 1st game together and they looked like they'd been doing it for years! I think ALB's hands and skills really work well with SBW's offloads... really looking forward to the development of that combo.
IMO, ALB was the man of the match. Retallick, Barrett, SBW not far behind.

Just popped onto BBC to have a look at the score and it's 83-0! Not boding well for the Lions. I have this recorded to watch later and it looks like it will not bore me.
Starts a bit rusty, but gets better and better right till the very end! The final third is just a rout lol. Definitely won't bore you :D

ALB played so good. Him and SBW played so good together, and damn, i hate that. I dont like how SBW just walks in and out of this sport. But you cannot deny those two a pop at the Lions together.

I still truly think that Perenara should be #1. He's just so dangerous. His link with Barrett, that natural instinctive link you just cant replicate. His support play is just unreal. I know it was vs tired Samoans, but still..

Then why were NZers worried? :p
I think most teams would take a slow start in an 80pt game as their "rust"!
Because as rusty as they can be, they should still score against Samoa pretty easily. Honestly, the samoans did really well to prevent the trymeter from exploding during the first minutes of the match.

Bloody hell, ALB is such a great talent. In this match, you could make an excellent highlight reel of just the plays he made.

nz much better side but samoa got farked by the ref too just destroyed their momentum til they gave up

nz much better side but samoa got farked by the ref too just destroyed their momentum til they gave up
Not really... the knock on leading up to the 1st try was the only instance really where they were hard done by, other than that there was some dodgy reffing, but it definitely wen both ways. There's no way we can put Samoa 'giving up' down to the ref though... they didn't even give up imo, the intensity of the ABs play and the impact of the ABs bench was just too much for them to handle...

Ben smith didn't show up much in the highlights, how did he play?

Ben smith didn't show up much in the highlights, how did he play?

Very well. Made one poor (though ultimately unimportant) mistake but was otherwise very safe and looked good on attack.

Latest posts