• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I got the game and............

imo i decided to cancel my pre order but this is because i want to save up for a new computer and the game costs a lot of money new. My cunning plan is to wait a few more weeks 2 get the game when its cheaper, because i have a funny feeling its not going to sell that well

Played about 15 games on Hard level including the Northern Hemisphere pre tour mode. There is three sections to this mode and you have to complete the eastern europe and North America before you can unlock the UK and France.

I thought this was a alright feature but after completing the North America tour I quickly realised that all it was was a couple of test matches strung together. A little reference to the fact that your on tour from Clarke and your on your way. After completion your left with a slight empty feeling.

After about my 9th or tenth game I realised a strategy that I used to do back with past iterations that I am sure everyone who played those past games knows all to well..... yep the old spin the pill all the way out to the winger, run around the defender on the outside.... continue to sprint until just about to be tackled by the Full back then spin the ball quickly to the other side until its passed through all your backs or loosies hands(through the oppositions retreaving clump of players) until your right over the other side of the field....... Try 7 times out of ten. Its a part of the game that is clearly a fault and I used to not allow myself to do in 06 as it was just downright cheating, but now I cant help but think hey I just paid 98 dollars AUD for this why should i run into opposing defenders just to make it semi realistic???

I know some will say If you dont like then just stop slagging it and play something else. But I have been waiting to. I have been waiting a very long time.. Ever since i was editing world class rugby on the bloody commodore amiga when I was 12 years old I have been waiting for the day. Well today Im afraid aint the day.

Played about 15 games on Hard level including the Northern Hemisphere pre tour mode. There is three sections to this mode and you have to complete the eastern europe and North America before you can unlock the UK and France.

I thought this was a alright feature but after completing the North America tour I quickly realised that all it was was a couple of test matches strung together. A little reference to the fact that your on tour from Clarke and your on your way. After completion your left with a slight empty feeling.

After about my 9th or tenth game I realised a strategy that I used to do back with past iterations that I am sure everyone who played those past games knows all to well..... yep the old spin the pill all the way out to the winger, run around the defender on the outside.... continue to sprint until just about to be tackled by the Full back then spin the ball quickly to the other side until its passed through all your backs or loosies hands(through the oppositions retreaving clump of players) until your right over the other side of the field....... Try 7 times out of ten. Its a part of the game that is clearly a fault and I used to not allow myself to do in 06 as it was just downright cheating, but now I cant help but think hey I just paid 98 dollars AUD for this why should i run into opposing defenders just to make it semi realistic???

I know some will say If you dont like then just stop slagging it and play something else. But I have been waiting to. I have been waiting a very long time.. Ever since i was editing world class rugby on the bloody commodore amiga when I was 12 years old I have been waiting for the day. Well today Im afraid aint the day.

Something tells me you'll be going on about your perceptions of this game only having problems until we're all 112.

You've been going on about how much this game is going to suck compared to Rugby Challenge for a fair while now prior to Rugby World Cup's release. Fair enough, you don't like it. You've really spent a lot of time in your life going on and on about something you hate.

It's starting to get a bit like those people who write in and complain about all the things they hate on telly. I definitely can believe you waited around since 1992 when World Class Rugby came out for this particular game.

Take it back if you hate it so much. Don't let it torment your soul, day and night as it is. You deserve so much better than to have this game on your conscience.

Given your obvious interests and priorities, I'm surprised you don't spend less time rubbishing this game and spend it all on focusing on something positive. Rugby Challenge. I personally think it looks awesome. When it's out I'll be all over it, that's what I'd want to talk about in your shoes.

I'm in no way comparing these rugby ***les to the following games, just how I feel about them . I personally don't like Pro Evo Soccer that much, but love Fifa. Maybe instead of playing Fifa and talking about it I should spend my life seething with complaints for Pro Evo? :lol:

I think we are all forgetting that on FIFA you can just run down the wing, cross it in and score or hit a chipped through ball to a quick player and you have a goal - nothing is perfect

QUOTE]

This doesn't surprise me - remember its just the same game ported over to next gen consoles so all the previous 'faults' will be there. As Mr Iverson says - if you don;t enjoy it, take it back or give it to a friend and stop torturing yourself. If this was the only rugby game coming out, I'd understand, but there is rugby challenge, and you must have seen this coming when you played the demo?

@ Iversen. Thats right I do spend way to much time on this kind of stuff. Thats why I cant let it go. If you dont know what I mean about the spin the ball to one winger get around the defender then spin it back to the other end then we must be a different class of gamer.

I will not for one minute suggest you do not like rugby because you obviously do with all your heart. So do I. And this game does not come close to representing the game I love in fact i believe it to be so true that I must warn the people who may not have the ability to buy both games that they must wait for RC(the player models alone will be enough to beat this RWC).

The first time I knew that RWC was going to be bad was once I played the demo. I only started expressing my concern from that stage. Now I have it and I can say yes its harder on hard level but the strategy does not change. If you apply the straight up approach on hard you will lose the ball after making little ground. Soon you realise the only way to make any ground is to run sideways spin wide get around the winger then spin it back. Once you do this you realise that the AI is completly inept at stopping this and the game becomes.... well you know my opinion.

Yes I see RC as are only hope for a real crack at the next gen simulation rugby(Im not 12 anymore I want sim not arcade and we deserve it). If Sidhe fail then Rugby will be dead (virtually) for probably another four to six years.

I just find it hard feeling sorry for these RWC devs. Who I do feel sorry for is joe punter who forks out money based on the real love for his sport only to gain medicority at best.

Out of intrest, of those 15 games on hard mode how many did you win?

11 out of 15. Playing against the harder teams are much harder to beat. Got whipped by wales playing as France. But just because its hard does not mean its a good game. Youll see what I mean when you get it

If you dont know what I mean about the spin the ball to one winger get around the defender then spin it back to the other end then we must be a different class of gamer

Not sure where you got the idea that I'd never heard of that. Wasn't in my post, at all.

I think it is going to be awesome and I can't sleep I'm so excited its all I think about 24hrs a day! You know, at least we got a next generation console rugby game! You guys wine asking and begging for a game well now we have one and you guys still wine! This is probably why we have to wait 4 years for a release because of all you guys' freaking negativity!

Again, will you be able to beat a human player with that tactic?

People need to see the world cup mode is the first few days of your game, then its online all the way.

I dont care in the slightest about AI, player V player is every sports game at its best, wait for online battle to commence!

Again, will you be able to beat a human player with that tactic?

People need to see the world cup mode is the first few days of your game, then its online all the way.

I dont care in the slightest about AI, player V player is every sports game at its best, wait for online battle to commence!

Yes. (judging on the demo)

Again, will you be able to beat a human player with that tactic? People need to see the world cup mode is the first few days of your game, then its online all the way. I dont care in the slightest about AI, player V player is every sports game at its best, wait for online battle to commence!
I know what your saying, but have to disagree on this point. It could have been, but with only one off games it won't be. AI has to be fun to play against. Can't wait for Friday!

Really? If they spread in a wide defensive pattern and you sprint up with your defensive winger? I reckon I could stop you, will see post 26th when I get online! :)

Well i was playing the demo with a friend yesterday evening and it was possible.
others were run at an angle, move the ball quickly to the 2nd last man, go inside the winger to be one on one with the FB with a man outside. then pass or sidestep and ur in. works against AI or human

can you confirm that only the RWC shirts are worn in WC mode and the normal shirts are worn in international test. ( i mean in international test matches there is no world cup logo on the shirt) thanks

Used to get a lot of my tries on 08 from the same tactic as people are on about, find it hasn't really worked for me on the demo.
Also Game e-mailed me earlier saying they've taken the money out of my account and it should be on its way to me :D

can you confirm that only the RWC shirts are worn in WC mode and the normal shirts are worn in international test. ( i mean in international test matches there is no world cup logo on the shirt) thanks

I'd like to know this too.

Latest posts