• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I was playing WCR with 2 friends and...

S

sean43

I was playing WCR with 2 friends I had forgotten how good this game is. If you play without the 0 tackle, this is a really fun game. If the tackling could be made a bit quicker and some authentic teams and stadia this game would be so much better than Rugby 2005.

Come on swordfish I am looking forward to WCR 2!!

have u played rugby05 yet?...or are you still bitterly dissapointed by "bleepbleep"04

The only thing that annoys me about WCR is the amount of time it takes for players to bind in a ruck... You hammer the 'A' button for ages but still loose a ruck which should have been easily won.

Apart from that, the game is still fantastic (especially when I just won the 6 nations Grand Slam with Ireland!
<
)

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 20 2005, 04:43 AM
If the tackling could be made a bit quicker and some authentic teams and stadia this game would be so much better than Rugby 2005.
You know this how?

Originally posted by Wally+Feb 20 2005, 11:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Feb 20 2005, 11:55 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sean43
@Feb 20 2005, 04:43 AM
If the tackling could be made a bit quicker and some authentic teams and stadia this game would be so much better than Rugby 2005.
You know this how? [/b]
Don't see why it can't be with improvements... Rugby 2005 is by no means going to be perfect, so good competition is welcomed.

We know that their is no button bashing in WCR2 so thats a good start. Will be interesting to see what new features are going to be added

Originally posted by umosay+Feb 20 2005, 01:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Feb 20 2005, 01:43 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@Feb 20 2005, 11:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-sean43
@Feb 20 2005, 04:43 AM

You know this how?
Don't see why it can't be with improvements... Rugby 2005 is by no means going to be perfect, so good competition is welcomed.

We know that their is no button bashing in WCR2 so thats a good start. Will be interesting to see what new features are going to be added [/b]
how doya know that...thats an awesome find if thats true....first couple of days we got it me and my bro went hard playing day in day out for like 4days and my thumb got a great workout....u should see me flex it
<
...anything else umo?...like a release date?...this year or next?

Ian told us in another thread.

"It's taking us a while to get rid of all the button bashing code"
and
"What were we thinking"

in relation to button bashing

Yeah, knowing virtually nothing about WCR2, I've got a good feeling about it. Presumably Ian and Trevor are here taking our ideas, which they couldn't really do last time because we only found out and invited them here so late in the development process.

All signs point up.

Originally posted by JJ-@Feb 20 2005, 03:14 PM
Yeah, knowing virtually nothing about WCR2, I've got a good feeling about it. Presumably Ian and Trevor are here taking our ideas, which they couldn't really do last time because we only found out and invited them here so late in the development process.

All signs point up.
Absolutely. Healthy competition is a must and the Swordfish lads are a breath of fresh air -- even when they were a breath of fresh air with JLR.

Very much looking forward to WCR2.

If they made a game better than R2005 (And I know we haven't even played R2005) I would have a brain blowout from pleasure overload...................I think I would still have one just imagining such a game!

Madden.....what's that? Haha....always wanted to say that!

thank god for rugby 2005!!!!

if it werent for rugby 2005 we wudnt have all these otha games competing!!!

then ea will do wat they did with madden and own rugby all to themselves to make a perfect game for rugby like madden!

I would love to see a more interactive rucking system, more like Eas rugby 2001, just with faster interface and much better animation, the mechanics were really good. And a good and usefull jump and dive button for, more varied kicks like Carlos Spencer's bannana kicks.
Cheers and Salu

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 20 2005, 09:00 PM
<

Don't you mean if it weren't for WCR and SJRL we wouldn't have R2005. And if we did it may have been a bit on the budget side.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Feb 21 2005, 05:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Feb 21 2005, 05:02 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Feb 20 2005, 09:00 PM
<

Don't you mean if it weren't for WCR and SJRL we wouldn't have R2005. And if we did it may have been a bit on the budget side. [/b]
<

dont u mean if it werent for rugby 2001 we wudnt have WCR and SJRL.

Originally posted by kinkon89+Feb 22 2005, 11:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Feb 22 2005, 11:34 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 21 2005, 05:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Feb 20 2005, 09:00 PM

<

Don't you mean if it weren't for WCR and SJRL we wouldn't have R2005. And if we did it may have been a bit on the budget side.
<

dont u mean if it werent for rugby 2001 we wudnt have WCR and SJRL. [/b]
Don't you mean if it wasn't for JLR, we wouldn't have Rugby 2001?

Don't you mean if it wasn't for England we wouldn't have rugby.

(that might not sit too well with some of you SH boys...)

dont u mean if it werent for god who made the earth we wudnt have england and all the other nations?

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 23 2005, 08:43 AM
Don't you mean if it wasn't for England we wouldn't have rugby.

(that might not sit too well with some of you SH boys...)
Why's that?
I can accept that.

It's kind of the law, They make the game, we beat them at it.

Latest posts