• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I won Class Captain for my class at school

B

bobilycious

Yay I feel so special. This was my speech:

My Oh So Brilliant Speech

Around 2 months ago, we joined together as the class of 10Hr. This came as a beacon of light to many of you children. Until you found that we had no class captain.

8 weeks later, sadly, we still have no class captain. 8 weeks later we still have no person willing to lead us through tough times. 8 weeks later we are still wallowing in the pit of despair.

But I have decided I shall take this burden off your shoulders. I have decided to take on this position of class captain. If you accept I shall bring this class out of the the pit of despair and onto the mountain of pride and victory.

So go back to Papanui, go back to Sydenham and New Brighton go back to your houses knowing that this class can be saved. Let us not fall into the pit of despair.
I say to you today my classmates tht inspite of no leader I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this class will rise up and rule the world.

I have a dream that one day on the green fields of Middleton the sons of former 10Hr students and the daughters of former 10Hr students will be able to sit down together at the table of peoplehood.

I have a dream today!

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My class, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my classmates fried, land of the students pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

Thank You.

Yeah it may have been a teeny bit over the top, but for a 14 year old it was bloody good! Well done.

Lol. Thnx. It was spose to be over the top by the way. Im not a serious person. If I was nobody would vote for me cz thats the only reason why they like me.

Land where my classmates fried[/b]

I assume you didn't say this how you spelled it?

I get the feeling you looked at way too many American speeches before writing that. Do you even know what the American Dream is? Because I'm sturggling to see how it can be directly related to a class of 14 year olds.

He's 14...do you think his classmates who most likely have a lesser brain than him would actually understand half of that? For his audience, all that really matters is that they are blown away by things they don't understand which makes them think "whoa lets choose this guy". He may not have understood some of the stuff himself, but he didn't have to...it sounded good :p

Land where my classmates fried[/b]

I assume you didn't say this how you spelled it?

I get the feeling you looked at way too many American speeches before writing that. Do you even know what the American Dream is? Because I'm sturggling to see how it can be directly related to a class of 14 year olds.
[/b]

I did say it like that. i was struggling to come up with somethng that rhymed.

I sorta changed a few words of Martin Luther Kings speech and kept the american dream bit cz my friend likes that bit.

I think the whole speech thing was just for fun anyway and wasnt supposed to be to serious.
And my class likes me cz im not serious. Thats why half of them voted for me.

you shoulda just read martin luther kings speech, haha i could imagine it now, FREE AT LAST FREE AT LAST

hahaha sayin that to a bunch of white boys, that would be priceless!!!

lol our voting for class pres is so slack. It's just like uh, yeah, guys vote for me.

lol our voting for class pres is so slack. It's just like uh, yeah, guys vote for me.
[/b]

I think ours was supposed to be but I like to be different.

Bwhahahhahaha.!!!!!!! that is awesomely funny... lol and has the reminiscent of my days before voted as student council chairman at school... oh man.. the good old highschool days...

Ah ok. Because i've seen the american films and in those it means you're a geek.

Well done tho - if you wanted it that is.

What's a class captain? Is that like House Captain? If so, total waste of time... I was a house captain. Did all of the work while the f***ing Prefects got all the glory. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind all of the work, but its not worth it when theres no rewards.

Have fun.

Latest posts