• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ian Foster - Dead Man Walking

Mate you keep repeating this NZR PR nonsense like it's true, it's total crap. Brown was on both tickets so they'd have just said "well Foster has more international experience than Razor." They never seriously considered Razor, it was always going to be Foster. It's a dumb bureaucratic process anyway. These freaking dinosaurs are ruining NZ rugby and some people are happy to just sit by and watch without criticizing them (unless their man Foster is thrown under the bus, no, then NZR is stupid).
Perhaps. There were certainly signs consistent with it being predetermined..

Possible dumb question. Are 'attack coach' and 'backs coach' essentially the same thing?

Possible dumb question. Are 'attack coach' and 'backs coach' essentially the same thing?
There can be a defence coach and attack coach. Just as you can have forwards coach and a scrum coach. Depends how the head coach splits the duties and brings it altogether. But happy to be corrected with someone more knowledgeable.

Fozzie's masterplan really is to make the ABs overwhelming underdogs for the world cup. LOL working like a charm mate.

They won't be as bad as they had been from here on out. Schmidt has always had slow starts as a coach (first month usually) but once it clicks its pretty awesome. Doubt they'll go back to dominance, I don't think they have the players but anyone ruling them out of any comp is foolish.

They won't be as bad as they had been from here on out. Schmidt has always had slow starts as a coach (first month usually) but once it clicks its pretty awesome. Doubt they'll go back to dominance, I don't think they have the players but anyone ruling them out of any comp is foolish.
They've got the players. But in the wrong positions.

Having samisoni and Ethan de groot starting makes a big difference. Having rieko and jordan continue to get in the same page as each other and their other players will make a big difference. With Ryan, Having the forwards give Mounga more front foot ball will make a big difference, because mounga is special with front foot ball. We just need to focus on our strengths but also play basic smart tactics.

With Ryan, until other coaches figure him out we've got the best maul defence in the world.

I'm not sure what next years schedule pre World Cup looks like but I'm guessing we won't play Ireland or france again before the World Cup. Depending on the six nations then, there is a possibility we will be favourites going into World Cup, but, even more so than previous world cups our odds of winning will not be greater than 50, they won't even be greater than 30 (even if we were favourites).

Even Springbok fans get it.

Dude's a disasterclass. Still technically a dead man walking seeing as he's essentially brain dead.
So ok. He was literally getting fired. And the NZRU met with all the players, and they said no don't fire him. If they lose to Scotland, Wales, and England... There's a real chance they go 0-3... I'd suggest that he's gone.

So ok. He was literally getting fired. And the NZRU met with all the players, and they said no don't fire him. If they lose to Scotland, Wales, and England... There's a real chance they go 0-3... I'd suggest that he's gone.
A man can dream.

Until then he still has a RWC to get NZ dumped out of. Maybe even a first by losing a WC pool game.

No one has talked of Schmidt being a real contender to take over post RWC. If by chance ABs were to have a decent one - get to semi or final, would he be consideration with Razor and JJ?

Until then he still has a RWC to get NZ dumped out of. Maybe even a first by losing a WC pool game.

No one has talked of Schmidt being a real contender to take over post RWC. If by chance ABs were to have a decent one - get to semi or final, would he be consideration with Razor and JJ?
In theory Schmidt should be favourite considering NZR is pretty stubborn and it would be seen by them as a form of "continuity" to again promote the assistant.

And he ticks that box of having overseas experience like Joseph, unlike Razor.

Latest posts