• UNITED STATES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WEST INDIES

• ZIMBABWE

• Total voters
Originally posted by shiznit@Sep 22 2004, 08:56 PM
you lost, like always in the second biggest competition in cricket.
I can't think of more than two of any value. Not that this is of much value.

you said your best team would have beat them. that team that played was the best team available. just learn to be humble in both Victory and Defeat.

Originally posted by Wally+Sep 22 2004, 09:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Sep 22 2004, 09:17 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-shiznit
@Sep 22 2004, 08:56 PM
mate, who the hell was missing?
Would you like me to tell you who should have been missing? [/b]
yeah tell me who shouldnt of been there and who should of replaced them.

By the way wheres Warnie?

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 22 2004, 10:47 AM
If our best team, and I mean our best team had played England would not have had a chance in the world beating that total. I do not rate English cricket. These one offs mean nothing. Hopefully we'll be tested properly against the Indians.
Bitter.

Just admit the better team on the day won, it's not hard.

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 21 2004, 11:47 PM
Hopefully we'll be tested properly against the Indians.
That's provided the Indians sort out their tv deal, otherwise it could be cancelled.

Easy victory in the final then
<
We'll mop up the WIndies no problems
<

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Sep 23 2004, 03:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 23 2004, 03:30 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge
@Sep 22 2004, 10:31 PM

By the way wheres Warnie?
He retired from ODI's when he was given the drugs ban. [/b]
my bad. Forgot he was only playing tests.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Sep 23 2004, 02:33 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Sep 23 2004, 02:33 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Sep 22 2004, 10:47 AM
If our best team, and I mean our best team had played England would not have had a chance in the world beating that total. I do not rate English cricket. These one offs mean nothing. Hopefully we'll be tested properly against the Indians.
Bitter.

Just admit the better team on the day won, it's not hard. [/b]
What was the match like? To be honest I've never really liked cricket that much, but now that our team has actually lost something I'm sorta qurious... Did the Aussie team just play ordinary, or were England that good? The question I'm asking is wheather England were dominant enough to justify us worrying about losing our 37 or whatever year strangle-hold on the ashes series?

That was the first time England beat us in a ODI in 14 matches and only about 6000 people were there to see it.

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 23 2004, 01:27 PM
That was the first time England beat us in a ODI in 14 matches and only about 6000 people were there to see it.
Mate, it's what happens on the field not off it, the crowd is there to watch and support... and if they don't get it i don't think its a major disadvantage as with other sports such as rugby.

Yes it was the first time in 14 games they lost... but damn look at South Africa, supposedly the 2nd best team in the world losing 11 straight ODI's...
<

Originally posted by umosay+Sep 23 2004, 02:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Sep 23 2004, 02:34 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Sep 23 2004, 01:27 PM
Mate, it's what happens on the field not off it, the crowd is there to watch and support... and if they don't get it i don't think its a major disadvantage as with other sports such as rugby.

Yes it was the first time in 14 games they lost... but damn look at South Africa, supposedly the 2nd best team in the world losing 11 straight ODI's...
<
[/b]
Not anymore they are 8th
http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/odi/
thats got the ranking as of after yesterdays game

Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 23 2004, 01:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 23 2004, 01:14 PM)</div>
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Sep 23 2004, 02:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

Bitter.

What was the match like? To be honest I've never really liked cricket that much, but now that our team has actually lost something I'm sorta qurious... Did the Aussie team just play ordinary, or were England that good? The question I'm asking is wheather England were dominant enough to justify us worrying about losing our 37 or whatever year strangle-hold on the ashes series? [/b]
Australia started off very, very well and a big total seemed on the cards but we managed to slow you down with some good spin bowling. There was a lot of complacent batting by the midcard Aussies as well.

Just great, great batting from England to be honest though some of the bowling was **** poor at Brett Lee kept me very amused for his 8.3 overs - comedy genius at its finest.

We deserve a lot of credit for outplaying the best team in the world like that. Wally of course refuses to give it to us.

England are either rubbish or lucky. We are never actually good at anything
<

Or so we're told.........

Originally posted by sanzar+Sep 23 2004, 01:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Sep 23 2004, 01:14 PM)</div>
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Sep 23 2004, 02:33 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally

Bitter.

What was the match like? To be honest I've never really liked cricket that much, but now that our team has actually lost something I'm sorta qurious... Did the Aussie team just play ordinary, or were England that good? The question I'm asking is wheather England were dominant enough to justify us worrying about losing our 37 or whatever year strangle-hold on the ashes series? [/b]
One day games have no bearing on how test matches go, so I wouldn't be too worried yet (though to be honest the Poms are a much better test side then a one day team...)

Both England and the West Indies deserved to win their semi finals - they were the better teams on the day - nuff said.

England's test side have been arguably the best in the world over the last 12 months. THe Ashes will obviously be the true measure of our strength, but we have been undeniably consistent and effective.

The ODI side have not had much success, lost nearly every match in the Natwest Series, Vaughan couldn't score and Key, Blackwell and oters were useless in the field.

A couple of good matches vs India and the Australia game show what we are capable of, a top 7 all capable of big scores and a solid bowling attack with good fielding.

To be honest, the ICC Champions Trophy would be nice if we could win it, just as a reward for the success of 2004. But in comparison to the Ashes it's peanuts.

____

On another point, the crowds. It's not that people are at work or whatever, you get sellouts on the Fridays of test matches regularly, its just that it's been low profile and the Hero Honda signs make it look like Asia so anyone casually watching on the tele will probably think its being held in India!

When is the next ashes series? And do you really think England has gotten that good that they can win the ashes? I haven't been following the cricket that much, but Australia still have a pretty solid test team don't we?

Latest posts