• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

idea

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
But you just buying the domain aren't you? The forum will still be hosted by Swordfish will it not? If thats the case it would be extremely unfair to be making money on somthing Swordfish have provided for free for a year or so now.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Jan 9 2006, 09:04 PM
The forum will still be hosted by Swordfish will it not? If thats the case it would be extremely unfair to be making money on somthing Swordfish have provided for free for a year or so now.
No. I was speaking to Trev about it at Swordfish when I went to playtest RC06 and with it probably being Swordfish's last sports ***le he isn't going to be able to justify paying for our hosting costs.

If this is the case, I will be establishing a few money making schemes to ensure that TRF will be hosted and above all, hosted well.

We'll make sure this isn't trev's last sports ***le. There'll be one out by the end of '07 if we can stop Los from halving his sales.

Advertising is the way to go St Helens, easily the way to go.
Sports publications would be a good place to start, then clothing, then... the list is endless.

Also think internationally...

How many members with TRF?
How many hit's per day?
Any idea of traffic to the site (ie data up and down?)
Is there any stats that you get in regards to geographic locations of site viewers?

Your outgoings should be fairly easy to manage... domain name renewals and hosting only correct? It should be fairly easy to broker a deal to cover that at least, personally I wouldn't be going down the path of getting funding from a Games Company as there are significantly bigger fish to catch in the advertising market and it's also a conflict of interest to other games manufacturers, which in turn can shoot you in the foot.

I'd be trying to breakdown the ADVERTISING (those that don't like advertising can go f%^k off and go hug a tree you dirty hippies, get off the dole and see how things work in the real world that pays your unemployment benefit - but that’s just my opinion) on a section by section basis... ie; gaming, rugby, league, other with an overall main Advertiser.

A good place to start asking questions to see how the finer points of advertising work are student advertising companies, that is companies that look after the advertising in student diaries and publications, why I'd chose those companies are normally they are a lot more friendly and willing to give advice. Not to sure about the UK but some of these companies in Australia are already selling advertising space on student web sites as well and doing a good job of it to.

Would be interested in assisting with any developments.

Shame about the not making a buck though, shame.

I have considered all these alternatives. What I have considered doing is asking Swordfish if they will continue to host and if the cost is reasonable, just pay Swordfish. This board hasn't been down once in 18 months.

I am also considering opening a TRF shop, though that might not prove to be a popular idea.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 10 2006, 09:23 AM
I am also considering opening a TRF shop, though that might not prove to be a popular idea.
Currently far too much of a nishe market. Not enough regular posters/people who could actually be arsed to buy anything to make it commercially viable.

Originally posted by kinkon89+Jan 7 2006, 11:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kinkon89 @ Jan 7 2006, 11:08 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sambad5@Jan 7 2006, 07:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-..::ERIC::..
@Jan 7 2006, 07:48 PM
When I become MP for the Wairarapa district I will enforce everybody with a computer to sign up. That will add 5 or so more members.

im amazed that there are more than 5 people living in the wairorapa
LMAO!!!

<
<

....hey we could go back to the streakers idea
<
[/b]
vodafonestreakerspic44pg.jpg

Yeah Streaker Idea
<

Here's an idea...

...How about Umosay has a weekly column in IMO (or talking balls or whatever) called "Umo Says"? It could be about anything... It'd be great. Yeah?